Riverpark Xite Infotainment no audio

Cohos

Hi,

My Riverpark Xite Infotainment system had audio then went intermittent, to staticky attempts to now zero sound from speakers whether in radio , bluetooth, navi or dvd mode. I am thinking the speaker wiring has been disconnected. I pulled out head unit and all appears okay? Does anyone know where how the speakers are wired to the Riverpark? Wiring Diagram?

thanks, Cohos
Navion 2015G

Philip53

2021 2500 Sprinter 170, 4 cyl gas
The diagram should be on a 'label' on the top of the unit. At least it is on my 2017 Navion.

As a side note, after 24,000 miles (and 3 years), my unit finally gave up the ghost. After a recent trip, got home and the unit would not start up the next day. Have power to back of unit but the radio remains dark. Couple of calls to Riverpark resulted in "you will have to replace the radio, as we do not do any service". Well, do you possibly think I would ever buy a Riverpark unit to replace it--not by a long shot. Over the years I have had no fewer than 20 calls and e-mail communications with them to help resolve problems that occurred, including freezing up, slow input, jerky navigation cursor movement and some other weird events. Oh, they were always courteous (although not as much this last time), and sent me several new and improved nav cards that would fix the problem (but never did).

Anyway, as MANY folks here on this forum have done, I pulled the unit and will be replacing it with a Kenwood using Garmin navigation and a slightly larger screen. Should have done this a long time ago, would have saved us a lot of troubles over the years. What a P.O.S. this Riverpark unit is!

Last edited:

TJLee089

2013 Itasca Reyo 25R
Adding to the River Park "Tale of Woes," a year or so ago my outside temp sensor started reading 50-100 degrees high regardless of F or C. Thinking the sensor was bad, I ordered a new one from River Park which also required buying a new cable. I replaced the sensor a the end of the cable, but no change. If the cable was unplugged, I suspect I wouldn't get any reading. I'm convinced the problem is in the head unit, so "replace the unit"? I've simply turned that function off in settings.

Adding to this: BU camera works about 50% of the time. Touch screen randomly stops working. NAV screen randomly freezes.

I've had multiple infotainment systems in cars and never had ANY issues. I can't imagine why anyone would replace a failing River Park unit with another one.

Philip53

Yep TJ, know what you mean. Failed to mention in post above, that the temp readings were often erratic and would sometimes show 429 degrees, or so. Unbelievable.

Geriakt

2017 View 24J
I don't think River Park even sells Xite head units any longer. It used an old Microsoft operating system that was out dated when the radio was introduced. I can't believe they got Winnebago install such a high cost piece of crap.

Notbusdrvr

" I pulled the unit and will be replacing it with a Kenwood using Garmin navigation and a slightly larger screen. "

What is the model of the Kenwood unit you are installing?

Philip53

" I pulled the unit and will be replacing it with a Kenwood using Garmin navigation and a slightly larger screen. "

What is the model of the Kenwood unit you are installing?
DNR476S

It does not have a DVD slot, but we never used the OEM one anyway, listened to XM.

Philip53

What about the backup camera? Does this unit have one?
Yes, it does. Have not had it installed yet, but was told that it will operate just like the infotainment system worked, including the steering wheel audio controls. He said he would have to 'reprogram' the existing interface module that controls the remote audio controls.

billbo

Please give us updates and tech info on the "reprogram interface" etc. when the install is complete. I'm very interested in replacing the embedded MS OS quirky thing WGO installed and charged mega bucks for. The camera system info - just share all you can with us - thanks! I will probably do my own install or would prefer to do so.

Philip53

Please give us updates and tech info on the "reprogram interface" etc. when the install is complete. I'm very interested in replacing the embedded MS OS quirky thing WGO installed and charged mega bucks for. The camera system info - just share all you can with us - thanks! I will probably do my own install or would prefer to do so.
Will post info here after it has been installed, which should be next week.

Philip53

Had the Kenwood installed this morning. The camera works similarly to the OEM, full screen rear video when placed in reverse, and can get full screen video while motoring down the road in order to check on toad, bike rack, etc. You can also split screen navigation/rear video, though neither is very detailed.

Apparently, this Navion did not have the steering wheel button interface. They said it was made into the radio, and that they have had some problems integrating the steering wheel buttons in the past, but they had successfully done so, albeit with difficulty (more money). Well, I asked them to try a Axess interface module, but when they did not have any immediate luck, I just told them to forget it. I may decide later to try again, but it was just not worth it at the time.

As this new radio uses Garmin GPS technology, I believe it will work much better than the crappy infotainment system, even though that is not a very high bar.

Philip53

Does this Kenwood provide free GPS map updates? Did you upgrade any speakers?
I read that updates are available at a reasonable cost, but have not researched what they consider 'reasonable'.

I did not change the speakers--still using the OEM ones. Will most likely sell the Navion within a couple of years as I am considering building a conversion Sprinter as my next RV--continuing to downgrade in size.

larrygee

As unreliable as the Riverpark unit turned out to be, it WAS feature rich. It had the Rand McNally interface which provides camp and RV site info as well as other features of interest to RV’rs. The Garmin and others have NONE of that.

The 2020 N/V s have a different radio/gps system. Not sure what it is but if incorporates the RM interface, I’d consider that before others....

Top Bottom