2009 television upgrade

jpac80

2009 Navion 24H
Can any fellow 08-09 24H owners share what they upgraded their television to? I'm mainly looking to get an HDMI input. Stock Jensen is listed as a 19" TV but the TV cabinet measures 26" with a 19" screen. I'd also like to stay 12V or AC/DC combo.

So what did you switch to? Did you use the stock TV mount? Pictures?

Thanks in advance.

Alphacarina

2006 Itasca Navion 23H
I upgraded the 15 inch in our '06 23H to a 19 inch . . . . which doesn't help you any. I measured the space a new one had to fit within (the maximum width in my case) and then went looking online for a modern TV which would fit the space . . . . and run on 12 volts - I found several. There are many small TV's which use an AC to DC power supply and will run on 12 volts, but aren't advertised saying they will, so more research was needed to sort those out. The one I bought made no mention of running on 12 volts and didn't come with a DC cable, but it works just fine

The original 15 inch had a square screen and the new 19 is a wide screen, so I did have to modify the mounting bracket a bit - The bracket hung down about 4 inches below the larger TV. Removing the steel bracket and cutting it off turned into a bigger project than I first imagined, but well worth it to have a high def TV with an HDMI port for a Blu-Ray player

You may get lucky and your swap might be more 'plug and play' than mine was, but even if it turns into a bigger project, you won't regret it when you're done

Don

jpac80

2009 Navion 24H
So far I'm kicking around these units so if anyone has real-world experience (especially for 08-09 24H floor plans) let me know.

JENSEN
https://www.campingworld.com/jensen-jtv24dc-led-12-volt-hdtv-107106.html
Likely closest to plug and play. Expensive. DC only. Can't find data on amp consumption. No warranty info.

TRANSIT
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C1D8FKJ/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza
Most expensive. Largest (may not fit without some tweaks). Has by far most inputs. AC/DC. Up to 3.25amp/hr consumption. Reportedly great customer support. 1 year warranty.

SUPERSONIC
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0082ULKU...colid=IUWWK8JMGDXC&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Cheapest. Mixed reviews on amazon but highly rated when googling 12v RV TVs. AC/DC. Up to 4.0 amp/hr consumption. No warranty info.

Last edited:

Alphacarina

2006 Itasca Navion 23H
I wouldn't buy the Supersonic branded one without seeing it in person first. Incredible picture for the price . . . . if you're sitting directly in front of it. Stand up, or move a bit left or right and the picture isn't nearly as impressive. You can pay a bit more and get a better screen

Don

Benagami

I installed a 32" Samsung 17 volt TV in my rig. It's nice! I bought a 12v to 17v laptop adapter to power it off 12v and installed a switch. It uses much less energy than the 120v AC Jensen TV it replaced.

GaryJ

Here since 2006
I upgraded the 15 inch in our '06 23H to a 19 inch . . . . which doesn't help you any. I measured the space a new one had to fit within (the maximum width in my case) and then went looking online for a modern TV which would fit the space . . . . and run on 12 volts - I found several. There are many small TV's which use an AC to DC power supply and will run on 12 volts, but aren't advertised saying they will, so more research was needed to sort those out. The one I bought made no mention of running on 12 volts and didn't come with a DC cable, but it works just fine

The original 15 inch had a square screen and the new 19 is a wide screen, so I did have to modify the mounting bracket a bit - The bracket hung down about 4 inches below the larger TV. Removing the steel bracket and cutting it off turned into a bigger project than I first imagined, but well worth it to have a high def TV with an HDMI port for a Blu-Ray player

You may get lucky and your swap might be more 'plug and play' than mine was, but even if it turns into a bigger project, you won't regret it when you're done

Don
Don, Which model TV did you buy and from where? I’d like to replace mine.

Thanks, Gary

jpac80

2009 Navion 24H
I installed a 32" Samsung 17 volt TV in my rig. It's nice! I bought a 12v to 17v laptop adapter to power it off 12v and installed a switch. It uses much less energy than the 120v AC Jensen TV it replaced.
I like Samsung TVs, we have a small one in the house but its 110v. Do you have the model number for this 17v version?

Any pictures of the install?

Alphacarina

2006 Itasca Navion 23H
Don, Which model TV did you buy and from where? I’d like to replace mine.
Gary,

I bought the Supersonic SC-1911 from Amazon for $120. The width is about perfect for the early 23H models - About 1/4 inch of space on either side when installed

Don

Benagami

I like Samsung TVs, we have a small one in the house but its 110v. Do you have the model number for this 17v version?

Any pictures of the install?
Whoops! 19v, not 17v. Almost all the Samsung TVs come with a power brick that converts 110v ac to 19v dc. Go to BestBuy and take a look. There's not much to see. I installed a switch and put the 12v to 19v power supply behind the radio.

jpac80

2009 Navion 24H
Whoops! 19v, not 17v. Almost all the Samsung TVs come with a power brick that converts 110v ac to 19v dc. Go to BestBuy and take a look. There's not much to see. I installed a switch and put the 12v to 19v power supply behind the radio.
So far I've been to Costco, Target and Walmart as well as a local TV shop (Video Only for the Oregonians who read this thread) and no one has a 24" TV that isn't direct 110v without the power brick. I'm going to try Best Buy later this week.

I've already pulled the existing 12v line from the TV back into the DVD cabinet and wired in 2 12v plugs that feed into the cabinet to the right that will both run off the TV swtich. One for Blu Ray and one for the TV.

jpac80

2009 Navion 24H
For what it's worth I ended up with an LG model #24LH4830-PU. I'd have preferred a Samsung but never found one small enough that wasn't an AC only power option. This TV fit the space nice and operates on DC power.

tv.jpg

Top Bottom