Onan Generator

RogerH

Roger H
The lpg generator on my 2005 MB Cruiser won't stay running and is likely due to stuck or broken oil switch. Has anybody removed the generator from the MB? It looks like the opening is too small without removing the entire door frame. Also wondering where the gas hookup is. It's really tight in the compartment!

Mein Sprinter

Known member
The lpg generator on my 2005 MB Cruiser won't stay running and is likely due to stuck or broken oil switch. Has anybody removed the generator from the MB? It looks like the opening is too small without removing the entire door frame. Also wondering where the gas hookup is. It's really tight in the compartment!
I understand that these Onans are soooooo sensitive to their oil levels. Make sure that you give it a " bit" more above the max level. Also Onan no longer has this sensitive precise oil level requirement on newer generators. This happened to mine; a 2010-2500 and a friends 2013- 3500. Give it a try!

cheer...

Aggie

2010 Roadtrek SS Ideal
A few years back my Onan would only stay running if I held the Start button in the start position.
Luckily, still under warranty - dealer removed, found faulty armature winding ?
Dealer said it’s not an uncommon fault.

Although I have different brand of coach, yes, removal was dirty, awkward and difficult. Electric connection inside coach was where he separated the leads to the gen from the coach.

Lots of possible causes of your problem.

D

Deleted member 104427

Hello everyone, I once had a Forest River 2002-Reflections Pusher 38'foot Motorhome. I did learn some interesting things and I hope that no one has posted above? as I did not see in this thread.

FACTORS: When the Generator Stops running: 1. Low Fuel and I ran on Diesel 2. Low on OIL.

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
Easiest first!

Check the 'vent tube' (I think that's the proper terminology) for blockage or restriction. Most Onans have a foam 'sock' over the end of the tube to prevent insect ingress. Apparently early Onans didn't have the 'sock' and insects, particularly mud wasps, liked to build a nest in the tube.

There have been troubleshooting threads on this Forum. A quick search yields one post with useful info.:

Top Bottom