DAD Users Group: Hardware and Installation Questions

indigoE

Re: Scan Tool Access Locator Map

I'm happy to provide DAD readings for sprinter-forum and sprintervan group members at a "hobby level".
I have been trying to find out if the DAD software is still available, and get the impression it is "out of print" (to use an outdated term!). Is there any way to obtain the software from Dr. A or otherwise?

autostaretx

Erratic Member

Provide an internet address where i can drop a couple of 400+ megabyte .iso files, and you'll have it.
(one is the original disk, the other is the update disk)

--dick

v486not

Hi All. I have the Sprinter5 software and an old laptop with a true serial port but what is the DAD board everyone talks about and can I get/make one? thanks. Paul

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The insides of a DAD (actually an old CarSoft v2 diagnostic scanner):

Not shown are the OBD cord on one end, and the rs232 serial cable on the other.

DADguts00.jpg

The true "guts" of the system are on the potted daughter board.
The chips along the "bottom" of the photo are MC14066B, the two on the upper right (one partially covered by potting compound) are HFC4011B

--dick

Last edited:

TinManKC

“12 Reyo

Provide an internet address where i can drop a couple of 400+ megabyte .iso files, and you'll have it.
(one is the original disk, the other is the update disk)

--dick
The software you speak of, goes on a windows laptop with serial port, correct? Is that all that is needed to have a Functional DAD? Thx!

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The software you speak of, goes on a windows laptop with serial port, correct? Is that all that is needed to have a Functional DAD? Thx!
Well, you also need to have a physical DAD.
The software runs best on Win 95 or XP. Trying to use it on Win 10 may require VMware (or similar).

--dick

Top Bottom