2004 Dodge Sprinter Passenger 140

Boatman

SOLD!!!!

2004 Dodge Spinter Passenger 140", 197k miles, high top. This van has treated me well for many years and miles but my wife felt the need to replace it with a newer version. Purchased in GA in 2008 with 60k. Has been across the country a few times without issue. Recently up and down the east coast almost monthly, NC to NY.

Power windows, remote locking, cruise control.

I have religiously changed the oil every 10k. The only "major" work it has required was a leaking injector and a failed glow plug module. The work was performed by Dr. A Andy resurfaced the injector seat, replaced the glow module and all glow plugs in August 2016. Other work done in the past couple years;

New thermostat and housing, 2015
Pads and rotors, 2014, last time I rotated the tires the pads were about 60%
New Bosch alternator, March 2017
Turbo resonator and charge hoses, 2017
EGR, 2015
Filters and oil
New headlights, November 2017
Rear shocks, September 2017
Struts and alignment, January 2016
Transmission service December 2017

So the good:
The van runs and drives as it should. No pulling, wandering, or other funky behavior. Engine runs perfectly. Transmission works as it should, does have the "rumble strip" noise but never felt the need to address it. I'd not hesitate to drive it across the country tomorrow. A/C works as it should. Trailer hitch and electric brake controller.

The bad:
While not a rust bucket as many of this vintage are, it does have a few places with bubbling paint as seen in the pics. The interior is a little rough. When I bought it the PO had stripped out the headliner and thrown it away. I insulated the ceiling and started to install a carpeted liner but never finished. Side panels in the rear area have damage. Floor liner in the cargo area is rough. Passenger side arm rest was chewed by my dog the first time she was in the van. The van is equipped with both an Espar auxiliary heater and a rear floor heater. Both didn't work when I got it and I spent considerable effort to get them working. The Espar now only works intermittently and I am pretty sure the 7 day timer is at fault. The rear floor heater I'm pretty sure is a relay.

Perfect van for hauling bikes and camping which I have done many, many times.

The van is in my shop in Petersburg, NY. I get up there about once a month but have a caretaker that can show the van. We bought the replacement up there and I haven't been able to get this one back down here to NC yet.

Also have a second set of wheels with snow tires that I'll include.

I replaced the stock radio with a Kenwood. Bluetooth, Sirus, Pandora, etc. Dash speakers are aftermarket (Pioneers IIRC) and I installed rear speakers mounted to the ceiling. It's not high end but much better than the OEM system.

Also, clean title, no liens or any complications.

Asking $9500

I can be reached at 518,,,,428,,,,15one4

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152945634@N03/shares/h4s1ZT

Last edited:

Boatman

Still for sale. I just got to NY today and will be headed back to NC the beginning of the week... will keep you posted.

Top Bottom