Westfalia VIN

512Westy

Where do i find the Westfalia Vehicle Identification Number?
My insurance has a number that includes the build number found on the slider door jamb, but there are many more digits that what is on that sticker.
That is labled the Mercedes NAFTA make number so I suspect there is another location showing Airstream's (and/or Westfalia's) build number.

Thanks

autostaretx

Erratic Member
MB also has two versions of the VIN... one is the one you see on the stickers (and the badge visible through the windshield) and the other is slightly longer (more digits after the first couple of letters), but the final digits should be the same for the two versions (it's the "sequential build number" for that year).

Example: my "through the window (and stickers)" VIN: WDRPD144355821254
my factory identification number: WDR90367115821254 6
(you can see the "5821254" in both).

As for Airstream's number, i'd call them (or look on invoices, etc)

--dick

OldWest

2004 T1N Westfalia
1. Dashboard--Dodge Sprinter VIN

As AutoStart stated, this VIN is on the dashboard, near the bottom of the driver side A pillar (visible through windshield).

Mine is a sticker, stuck on crookedly, on a tiny plate.

2. Driver Side Seat

Open the driver door and look at seat pedestal side facing door (take velcroed seat pedestal cover off). Don't remember all the info there, but included tire pressure.

3. Sliding Door Rear Jamb

This sticker is from Westfalia and specifies the Westfalia model and which number made.

4. Inside Closet Door

On the inside of the closet door, there is a sticker labeled "Motorhome Weight Information" or something like that. Sticker has VIN number at top, and the various weights of different items.

If I remember correctly, the VIN number on label has a bunch of extra digits/ letters in front of the VIN number on dashboard.

The first time I had to get a smog check in California, the inspector was looking all over vehicle for that info until I showed him where it was. The vehicle is registered as an Airstream and not a Dodge, and at that time, the smog inspection was visual only as the smog computer didn't have all the info. Later smog inspections, inspectors never asked about weight or where weight info was.

More Info: Nice person here will run your VIN and give you all details of your build. Some Westy owner did that and found deleted seats (Westfalia installed own ISRI seats), etc.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40575

Last edited:

512Westy

thanks Old West. I looked all over and still could not find the sticker. We do have clothes in the closet, but I can clearly see both door inside faces. Couldn't find the sticker. must have fallen off?

It must have been somewhere when i bought it since i got insurance registered w/ that vin.

OldWest

2004 T1N Westfalia
1. Registratiion or Insurance

Different states may have different registration and/or insurance requirements. In California, think they just have the dashboard VIN info. For registration and just dashboard VIN for my insurance.

2. Closet Door "Motorhome Weight Information"

Open closet door (next to bathroom door and above fridge counter) and sticker is on inside of door, about a foot above the latch.

I gave wrong info re info on sticker. The VIN or Serial Number on this sticker is NOT the same as the dashboard VIN.

Instead, it's a bunch of numbers and letters, and the last couple of digits is the exact Westy made.

MOTORHOME WEIGHT INFORMATION...BC1WF5

VIN OR SERIAL NUMBER

1B9C1WF265X4000###....... WESTFALIA VAN

[### is the exact number of my Westy, same as the sliding door rear jamb sticker; no periods/ellipses. The words "Motorhome Weight Information" and "VIN or Serial Number" are preprinted, and rest of info was added. The upper right corner of sticker says "CD-130" which may be form number.]

As mine is an early Westy, maybe they moved the sticker someplace else. It's 5" wide and 4.25" tall.

3. Driver Seat Pedestal Sticker

The sticker on driver seat pedestal just had 8550 as overall weight and the tire pressures.

Last edited:

OldWest

2004 T1N Westfalia
Ideas.

1. As other posters mentioned, maybe check all manuals, purchase documents, and other paperwork to see if somebody peeled sticker off and inserted with paperwork (and if # appear elsewhere).

I peeled just about warning sticker and other "useless" stuff off (including the RVIA sticker on outside A pillar) and stuck in my purchade file folder (or so I remember). I did leave the Motorhome Weight Information sticker in place.

TIP: Maybe folks should go around and take a photo of every sticker with any info.

There's often useful info in the engine compartment re various things.

I noticed that I've lost the info on the sticker on the tow bar--elements abraded it away.

2. Contact Airstream and ask if they can send you a replacement sticker. You have the Dodge Sprinter dashboard VIN and the other VIN for them to (a) confirm the numbers match to each other and (b) send you a replacement one (maybe, an updated one)?

Top Bottom