Dometic Two Burner cook top will not stay lit

nrag2014

I purchased a used 2006 Sprinter Vista Cruiser last month that has a Dometic manual light two burner camper stove that had never been used. The right burner lights fine. The left lights, but when I release the control button and it pops out and the flame dies. Please advise.

Attachments

Last edited:

Saturn949

Hi. It has site shut function. It needs to stay in with flame on few seconds after ignition. Then you need to turn lever away from ignition position to buy lower flame then release nob. Flame should stop on. If for whatever reason flame cut out , it will sense no heat and will shut l.p. to this burner.
If you do all of this and still have flame cut out of is most likely ether burner problem. I instal exactly same stove on my van and I'm not sure if this is something what you can repair yourself.
I had problem with second burner ignition only when I had low l.p. Supply and it was not enough for both of them stay on. This was due to the bad regulator.
I hope this helps.

Roger D

2016 Winnebago Navion 24J
I had problem with second burner ignition only when I had low l.p. Supply and it was not enough for both of them stay on. This was due to the bad regulator.
I hope this helps.
I had the same problem as Saturn, but mine was a crimped LP hose at the regulator.

Top Bottom