Post your mountain biking pics here

derekhski

We rode some single track in the La Pine State Park (Oregon) this last weekend. One day spent in the trailer, then next on her own. The La Pine Trailers are awesome for those starting out or just looking for a super relaxed ride. No kickers anywhere and quite limited use from a visual stand point. There are some 12 - 15 miles of loops that can be created, and lacking the crowds that are drawn to the Bend area. I found the area super fun, from seasoned racer (myself) to the total beginner and little's (my 5.5 year old) there is fun to be had.

Attachments

Dave D

This is our camp next to the Yuba river this morning near Downieville for the Downieville classic this Weekend. Ended up paddle boarding Salmon lake today and will be riding tomorrow.

OffroadHamster

This pre-dates the sprinter, but gearing up for Santa Barbara area (paradise road shuttle runs) and San luis Obispo (all the great stuff off of West Cuesta Grade). It took us 10 hours to get from Orange county to SB in the worst rain storm of the year. PCH was closed, 33 was closed, 154 was....closed. Luckily there are lots of back roads. High clearance 4wd required.

We were the only people in the campground, despite it being completely booked. Guess no one else had a 4wd van and a burning desire to ride bikes.

calbiker

A few photos camping and riding around Columbia River Gorge this summer.

Photo 1: This isn't the trail head for Hospital Hill Tr, but buddy picked me up so I didn't have to take my MH.

https://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/hospital-hill.html

We rode down Triple Bypass.

Photo 2: Couple of guys I'm riding with. Guy on left was one of top 5 marathon runner in Canada. Other guy is an accomplished mountaineer and skier. View of Mt Adams.

Photo 3: View from top of Hospital Hill. Hood River

Photo 4: View from top seeing Mt. Hood

Attachments

Last edited:

derekhski

We did the Cross Crusade races again this fall. I'm hoping this crosses over to a life of Mountain Biking. I use the cross events as an opportunity for her to ride with other like minded kids..... All our neighbors and friends are still on training wheels and or just not avid fans of riding.... If anyone is starting their little out, and needing an additional avenue, I highly recommend, most adult venues across the USA are offering the free kids events. In Oregon, the Crusade Team along with Islabikes run the premiere kids races.
We will be upgrading her to a 20" wheeled ride with 7 spd / 8spd system, and hopefully hit some more extended single track, which Oregon has a reasonable abundance of, and Washington too.

Attachments

Vanzer Pagen

We got in one of our first Single Track rides, little flat land, and short, but at 6 years old, got to let them grow their own wings.
That's awesome! only prob is the pics are sideways; iphone?
Won't be long before she's shredding the McKenzie River Trail ;)

NCW

Early spring riding in Ephrata, WA. First mini road trip in our new (to us) 144. Leaving for Moab in a week!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derekhski

We got in some riding over Memorial weekend, we rode some 8 miles of single track (super flat) just west of Sisters Oregon.... being she's 6, riding 8 miles make dad happy.

We also raced the Sisters Stampede XC kids event on Sunday, some 700 - 900 feet for one lap.... Its super cool in my opinion that the Mudd Slinger team adds these kids events, Even got a T-shirt! pretty cool since registration was only $1.00

Attachments

Last edited:

Farfrumwork

LOVING our Camper for biking trips!

Crested butte - Kids (8 and 15) did the Lupine Loop one day (12mi) and then a short out and back on the Brush Creek trail a couple days later

Wife and I rode a longer and much steeper climb, Strand Hill after the brush creek ride with kids.

Last weekend in Fraser CO - St Louis creek campground. Rode Creek side/Flume with the kids, then we all rode to town for ice cream and latte's :smirk:

Wife and I rode up to the Broken Spade trail the next day.

Attachments

alexk243

KulAdventure
Camping outside Whistler, BC (2018)

Doing some bike repair before biking Mt. Crested Butte, CO (2017)

Camping and Biking in Copper Harbor, MI (2016)

Road trip out to Telluride, CO for some mountain biking (before the van was built out)

These pictures could go in a "post your mountain bike pics here" or a "post your dog pics here" haha, seems there tend to be one in the same for me.

Here is an actual mountain biking one, Queenstown, NZ (2016):

Last edited:

patineto

After a big fall that broke half my spine no more Motorcycle riding for me...

So time to find a vehicle that i can fit the whole family (Still looking for the "Right van" and for the money to buy it)

I have around 200.000 miles carrying bikes like this and the bike it self 362.000

surferJ

Camping outside Whistler, BC (2018)

Doing some bike repair before biking Mt. Crested Butte, CO (2017)

Camping and Biking in Copper Harbor, MI (2016)

Road trip out to Telluride, CO for some mountain biking (before the van was built out)

These pictures could go in a "post your mountain bike pics here" or a "post your dog pics here" haha, seems there tend to be one in the same for me.

Here is an actual mountain biking one, Queenstown, NZ (2016):
Waiting for my sprinter to be built and dreaming of bike trips aided by the movable base.
I’ve got a Dobie as well who would be with me. So I wondered where yours was when you were riding?

Top Bottom