US online dealer for webasto?

DSMTurbo2

Hello everyone.

I am looking for a good reference on a webasto air top dealer in the US. I assumed I would have to purchase online, would prefer to avoid eBay. I am located in Michigan if that helps at all.

If you have any positive recommendations I would appreciate a share.

Thank you.

Erik

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Many here have had good experiences ordering from heatso.com. They are based in the UK but sell and ship internationally. With the strength of the US dollar currently the prices are very good.

DSMTurbo2

Heatso.com has the checkout total at ~$750.00! That is cheap! It also claims next day shipping. Seems too good to be true.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
There's probably going to be a customs processing fee and a day or two delay for customs but yeah that's pretty much it. Fees/duties are usually less than 10%.

DSMTurbo2

Well I tried to place my order with Heatso and it was flagged as suspicious with my credit card company. Frustrating... Upon calling they wouldn't really give me any specifics on why it was flagged. Great.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
It was likely because it was out of country. In general you need to tell your card company that you will be making a foreign purchase.

DSMTurbo2

I rarely have a problem making purchases outside of the country. While Traveling I typically alert my CC company. Either way. I did place my order through Heatso using paypal. However they are not shipping orders until the new year.

Seems like people have been quite happy with them. I am still shocked that these units are so hard to find in the states compared to the Espar.

Thanks for the help Midwestdrifter

Erik

smiller

2008 View J (2007 NCV3 3500)
https://www.dutycalculator.com/

There isn't any category for Webasto heaters but I just used 'auto parts' and it seems that any import duties from the UK to the US for that amount are insignificant. It seems that most of the FedEx fees quoted are just that, FedEx fees, and not really Customs duties.

Top Bottom