Rim upgrade

kylecm

I tired of dealing with the simulators that are found on most sprinter RVs. Over the last three years, I have lost two (one front and one rear), had to deal with them rotating making checking tire pressure almost impossible, and the constant fear that they will cause a valve failure.

I am looking to upgrade them to something like the Alcoa rims. However, it is a $2k upgrade. Anyone have any experience with Alcoa or another rim upgrade? Do you like them? How do they look on your RV?

Thanks

Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
Alcoa wheels are great, especially with the newer DuraBright finish. But they are pricy as you noted. A cheaper solution would be to remove the wheel simulators and live with factory painted wheels or repaint with a bright silver paint.

kylecm

I went with the Alcoa Durabright. I really like to look and finally the ease of checking the tire pressure in all 6 wheels.

kylecm

Just an update. New rims look great. We are on our 5th full tank fill-up.

Here are the stats:
60k miles and our average mpg was 14.8. I would typically fill-up at the 250 miles mark on a full tank.

3000 miles post new rims. We now fill-up at 300 miles mark and average mpg is 16.2.

I did not more than get rid of the steel rims and wheel simulators. I can now keep all six tires at suggested psi.

Very happy with my results so far and don’t walk around the RV every time we pull into get diesel to see if the wheel simulators are still attached.

RWAMF

I pulled off the SS wheel covers the second day, I was surprised the Factory Front hub cap was under there. I think it looks better with just the factory steel wheels, got rid of the valve stem extension also. The wheel covers are all bling and no real function.
I guess I could sell them?
JMO

Top Bottom