2017 4x4 Broverland Build

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
So FYI

Current Position of mercedes is the 4x4 clunking at low speed load and unload is normal on a 60,000 vehicle.

In gear locked in 1st or 2nd when unloading drivetrain
2017 4x4 2500
Carry on.
As of 10 AM 3/20

Update. Brought up the technical document, they claim that since it was written before my build date, it is not applicable. Arguing with them that the situation still exists so it couldn't have been applied. Service director is apparently out today, so the service writer is calling me tomorrow.

Note, he seems pretty annoyed by me actually knowing what i am talking about when i debunk his theories (Being a gearbox shifting when i specified it happens only when in a single gear etc)

They have acknowledge the noise, however disavow that anything should be done.
As of 3/20 2:18PM
Mercedes benz of daytona beach btw.
As of today (21 march) they refuse to do anything

Bob Laps

I feel for u dude....Did u buy ur van from that place?....just curios if dealers are more inclined to help someone who bought the van there originally

Bob

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Not a huge amount of work, mainly because its paint that i have left to do and some wood trim, but it has been raining on every day that i could do it!

BUT I did get some stuff done.
I wanted a storage shelf under the bed to carry the things i always have in the van
2-3 tripods, Video Slider, Flagpole and flags, area light on tripod.
To do this, i used some 1" square tube welded up into a U with some flanges and just used rivnuts to bolt it to the bottom of the bed.
Untitled by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
Used some clamps to approximate location and mount the board using some self drilling stainless screws
Final location allowed perfect placement for the bike with no room to spare!
still need to make a rear stop (hit the brakes and everything slid out lol)
then went out and broke in the new 300.00 Bikes direct bicycle!
Had a great time out at the trails with the guy who bought my outback I built (to the left of me)

Also ran into the El Kapitan Van at the Lowes the other day.

Coming up?
Still need some bumper lights
CTEK charger to get some DC to DC going to take care of the hot water demands.
Paint the rest of the cabinets
Finish wood trim
Narrow the bed frame (front to back about 4")
Curtain for the storage area to separate it from the main compartment (have it sewn, just need to mount it)

I decided against making a second cabinet above the bed. I think there is plenty of storage between the vertical cabinet, overhead cabinet on the driver side and drawer, as well as the area the trail kitchens takes up has storage also.

Kevsuda

I also decided against an upper cabinet on the passenger side. Figured I'd designate that side to be the head side of the bed for sitting up. Works out about 50% of the time.

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
I also decided against an upper cabinet on the passenger side. Figured I'd designate that side to be the head side of the bed for sitting up. Works out about 50% of the time.
I may put a TV over there or something. I dunno, But i want to keep the space. maybe a net or something that isnt obtrusive

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Soooooooo, actually made the decision to sell this one, build another one with a differnet floor plan and style. 150lbs of dogs need a queen bed. Easier to do a quick rebuild than strip everything out, redo the wood (holes from mounting things) and then rebuild it all how I want.
Will be available at expo west

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
This year, I decided to hit up the Smokey Mountain Overland Rally, because awesome people really. Rain kinda screwed up the drive up and delayed me a bit, so I wasn't able to go as far west as I wanted, to see some family, due to time constraints. But that didn't kill all they day. Found out that a sprinter builder named Site Seven (https://www.facebook.com/sitesevencampers/). The guys there were super cool, and were putting out killer vans. The trim work was awesome.
Site Seven by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
Site Sevent by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

After that I wanted to go check out my brobros at CVT! I have been using their shower tent for a while, and is hands down the best thing ever known to man.
My friend Blake was getting a new tent and awning, so I figured id show up and slow them down a bit.
CVT by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
All the tents!
Dometic dealer as well!

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
An hour of this to get to an epic camp spot. Actually was pretty impressed with a van. The subaru would have had some issues in a number of places.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/k4Myj7Q8DtA[/youtube]

Top Bottom