Trailer Tow Control Module

sail59115

Anyone know where I can find a Trailer Tow Control Module for a Dodge T1N? I believe it is a dealer installation. The harness is just like the one shown in the 2002-2006 owners manual but
it is not the "2006 06 DODGE VAN SPRINTER 2500 TRAILER CONTROL MODULE RELAY OEM A0345455032" that has the 0300.8900.269 circuit board.

This Module is pictured below. It has no writing on the case other than "Delphi".
The circuit board inside is labeled 0300.8901.044

I've searched the CB # and various descriptions and see nothing on ebay nor google results.
Several distributors have told me they can't order it.

Attachments

Zundfolge

Always learning...
Does it need to be that one for any specific reason? I have Curt or Tekonsha can't remember which, but the aftermarket ones are probably better than what you're trying to order, and install in under an hour.

I used etrailer.com

Put your van info in and it'll give you the right stuff. It was like $30-$45 if I remember right...

cian128

mild hijack - i have factory 7-way, is it true there is no modulation and sends full power on brake application?

how is that used? it would lock brakes on any empty trailer i have pulled

sail59115

zundfolge... I'd like that particular controller so I can just plug it in to the existing harness. If I can't find one then I guess I'll have to start from scratch and install a whole new system or start exploring how to splice another controller into that harness.
2004 Dodge passenger van converted to camper. 2.7l VIN:WD5PD644X45616964 140"WB 2500 low top

billintomahawk... I'm not sure to which part of that lengthy thread you are referring but mopar parts does not appear to have available that controller module.

B

billintomahawk

billintomahawk... I'm not sure to which part of that lengthy thread you are referring but mopar parts does not appear to have available that controller module.
I should be more specific.
Someone suggested you start from scratch so that thread was what I used for encouragement on my project. Sorry for any confusion and causing you a long review.

It's the generic approach.

bill

autostaretx

Erratic Member
mild hijack - i have factory 7-way, is it true there is no modulation and sends full power on brake application?

how is that used? it would lock brakes on any empty trailer i have pulled
In the T1N, MB did not supply a brake controller.

They had one wire that the after-market instructions just said to tie off.
It was then the user's choice as to what to do with it.

The instructions: http://www.diysprinter.co.uk/reference/T1N-trailer_wire_harness.pdf

Generic wiring is in section 8W-54 of the service manual: http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/2006-VA-SM.pdf

Note that the manual shows a 10-pin connector. There were various country/style adapters from that to the 7-pin.

--dick

cian128

In the T1N, MB did not supply a brake controller.

They had one wire that the after-market instructions just said to tie off.
It was then the user's choice as to what to do with it.

The instructions: http://www.diysprinter.co.uk/reference/T1N-trailer_wire_harness.pdf

Generic wiring is in section 8W-54 of the service manual: http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/2006-VA-SM.pdf

Note that the manual shows a 10-pin connector. There were various country/style adapters from that to the 7-pin.

--dick
I have the module under the seat, what is on the wire marked "electric brakes" ?

Attachments

sail59115

As to the original question, I never found a source for the pictured TTCM. It is located under the driver's seat.
As to problem solved, the trouble was a loose wire supplying the controller.
Trailer running lights worked fine but no stop or turn signals. Another post indicated this was a symptom of bad TTCM.
This installation has two fuses in the harness that hang just below the console to the left of the steering column fuse box. Both fuses were good but I don't use the electric brakes.
Both electric problems I've had with this van were bad connections that looked fine to the eye but were detected with an electrical tester.
One other contradiction to a post elsewhere on the topic: My cheap tester light shows trailer lights fine at the plug. No special load needed.

Thanks for the followup. :thumbup:

One other contradiction to a post elsewhere on the topic: My cheap tester light shows trailer lights fine at the plug. No special load needed.
I don't view that as a contradiction. Some of the test light plug units aren't reliable/repeatable. If the tester works, then fine. At other times the tester can send you down the primrose path so it is best to verify.

:2cents: vic

Top Bottom