Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Dealer and Supplier List > Dealer Info, Reviews, and Experiences

Dealer Info, Reviews, and Experiences Got dealerships? List them here.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:15 AM   #1
BlackThroatedWind
BlackThroatedWind

Default MB Flagstaff is the best! MB Arrowhead is a disgrace!

I must applaud MB flagstaff for their courtesy, professionalism, attention to detail and customer care. The actually listened to me, worked with me to check on things and detail what they were doing throughout the repair and did not rob me. I also saw them find solutions for other sprinter folk, tell them how they can DIY and skip massive repair expenses. They are old school and commendable. Their coffee is also up to par.

Im calling out MB Arrowhead due to their disrespect, shortness, and terrible coffee. Ive found that some dealerships very much begrudge Sprinters and their drivers... this is one of them. Because Tucson is booked 3 weeks out for van work, I made a Saturday morning appointment at Arrowhead.
I pulled in Saturday morning, service department told me that they dont service sprinters on the weekend, then proceeded to poke fun at my 'mobile consultancy'. I asked for a manager and they refused. I had an appointment booked, why did no one reach out. I had to leave before I became disruptive. But not without a coffee. I will restate- their coffee sucks.

Thank you MB Flagstaff, Dustin and Kelly went above and beyond!
BlackThroatedWind is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlackThroatedWind For This Useful Post:
GaryJ (10-02-2019), Overland Gear Guy (10-14-2019), TooMuchHair (10-01-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 04:43 AM   #2
klompen

Default Re: MB Flagstaff is the best! MB Arrowhead is a disgrace!

I'm glad you had such a great experience with MB Flagstaff. We purchased our van from them and live less than a mile from the dealership. They've been okay on service, but nothing to write home about.

We got new tires before our 8000 mile summer trip and the tire techs noted some wear on the old tires that indicated possible alignment issues. We brought it to MB Flagstaff to have the alignment checked (even though we had experienced no issues that we had personally detected). When they gave it back the steering wheel was crooked and van didn't track straight. I had to bring it back 3 times before they finally got it right. All that time they claimed it was "in spec" and couldn't seem to understand how it could not be right.

I don't find their prices all that good. My plan for the future is to do my own oil changes and look for an independent shop to do the B maintenance after I use up my last included service.

I would not warn people away from them, but I'm hesitant to recommend them. They do, however have a great coffee service.

Last edited by klompen; 10-02-2019 at 04:46 AM.
klompen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to klompen For This Useful Post:
Onefin (10-02-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 11:15 PM   #3
Flagster

I actually had much better luck with the old service advisors/service when MB Flagstaff was on Switzer canyon...the new dealership has been meh in my opinion.
But since we now split our time between Flag and Tucson I am able to utilize the Tucson dealer.
Flagster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 01:34 PM   #4
Sinatorj

Quote:
Originally Posted by klompen View Post
I'm glad you had such a great experience with MB Flagstaff. We purchased our van from them and live less than a mile from the dealership. They've been okay on service, but nothing to write home about.

We got new tires before our 8000 mile summer trip and the tire techs noted some wear on the old tires that indicated possible alignment issues. We brought it to MB Flagstaff to have the alignment checked (even though we had experienced no issues that we had personally detected). When they gave it back the steering wheel was crooked and van didn't track straight. I had to bring it back 3 times before they finally got it right. All that time they claimed it was "in spec" and couldn't seem to understand how it could not be right.

I don't find their prices all that good. My plan for the future is to do my own oil changes and look for an independent shop to do the B maintenance after I use up my last included service.

I would not warn people away from them, but I'm hesitant to recommend them. They do, however have a great coffee service.
I live in Flag as well. Any luck on an indie shop for preventative maintenance?
Sinatorj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:28 PM   #5
klompen

I talked with Jason at Frys Automotive about doing Sprinter routine maintenance. He said they could handle it, but he usually have a fairly long wait time. I just did my own "A" service and my next "B" service is still covered under prepaid from the vehicle purchase so I haven't actually used them yet. Jason is my back door neighbor across the alley. He's solid.
klompen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to klompen For This Useful Post:
Flagster (Yesterday)