Layout plan.

GeorgeRa

2013 Sprinter DIY 144WB, Portland OR
Did you notice the second grate variation that goes on the rear/under portion of the base, seen in the drawing on the right?
Yes, it is the heater outlet. I am planning to run my outlet through the left wall of the seat base, don't want to heat the goodies in the black water cassette which will be located on the back side of the passenger seat.

George.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
I purchase all my local spare parts from Cummins-Onan, their system list all available NA parts, and have great pricings. Call their parts department, open late evenings/early night most locations.

GeorgeRa

I finished installation of the Espar D2 unit and the passenger seat swivel and still need to finish work below the floor. I selected the installation described in the Sprinter/Crafter manual but reversed the flow, the outlet is in the front left seat corner of the seat box. With the seat mounted I still have access to the fuse and the diagnostic terminal.

George.

Attachments

PaulDavis

I finished installation of the Espar D2 unit and the passenger seat swivel and still need to finish work below the floor. I selected the installation described in the Sprinter/Crafter manual but reversed the flow, the outlet is in the front left seat corner of the seat box. With the seat mounted I still have access to the fuse and the diagnostic terminal.

George.
Ah, that floor! Now I see what you were asking. My reasons for the wall mount were:

* considered the air flow better when mounted on the wall/angle-mount bracket
* there didn't seem to be enough space on the floor
* the floor was angled which seemed like a complication.
* didn't want the output vent in the space between the seats.

I do like the easy access you have to the fuse/diagnostic terminal ... Crossing my fingers that I don't need this.

Nice install and nice documentation too.

GeorgeRa

Ah, that floor! Now I see what you were asking. My reasons for the wall mount were:..........

* didn't want the output vent in the space between the seats.......
I can't have heater outlet in the back side of the seat because the cassette toilet will be there.

If you don't have seat swivel the access to the heater is very good.

George.

GeorgeRa

Routing of the right side of the fuel line, mounting the exhaust tube with the muffler and mounting of the air intake tube are done. The right side of the van is almost finished, adding the adjustable shore water pressure regulator and the toilet vent are the last things to be completed.

George.

Attachments

PaulDavis

George, please do write up your experience of getting the pump/d2 started. I'll look forward to hearing how it goes, since mine will be without power for at least another week or more. Glad to see you added the muffler. I've got a conundrum with mine - running boards on the passenger side really don't allow for a good exit point for the exhaust.

PaulDavis

George, have you noticed any effects from connecting your Isotherm fridge to the blue sea panel? I was browsing their installation instructions today, and noticed that they advise against anything other than a direct-to-battery connection. Did you get a model with Isotherm's ASU option?

GeorgeRa

George, have you noticed any effects from connecting your Isotherm fridge to the blue sea panel? I was browsing their installation instructions today, and noticed that they advise against anything other than a direct-to-battery connection. Did you get a model with Isotherm's ASU option?
I have AC/DC model, no ASU. Manufacturer is recommending direct connection to the battery so the voltage drop is limited. You still need a fuse, I don't think it makes much difference if this is Blue Sea or other. I did use a very heavy duty gauge cable from the BlueSea panle to the fridge as recommended by the manufacturer, I think I used 10 AWG being on the border line of 13' (it is about 6' between fridge and the panel. Fridge works great on AC and DC.

Good luck,

George.

Attachments

GeorgeRa

I really like operation of the Espar D2 heater. I am disappointment that the DigiMax controller does not display an ambient temperature, only a set temperature even thou there are plenty of the LCD digits to display one. It looks as their previous gauge was displaying ambient temperature. I be looking for an ambient temperature meter 12V power to be located next to the DigiMAx.

George.

Top Bottom