West Africa Trip Anyone?

surferJ

Hey Ed, I missed this call for travel mates back when. At the time I was in the waiting period for my van and couldn’t have committed. Now that I’ve got her I would be tempted.

An organized group is easier for sure, but so far I have really been digging the solo wandering style. That is in the safe confines of Western Europe so far.

Enjoy the trip.

lindenengineering

Interesting perspective and I agree with everything written above.
Doing customer support in Arab Africa I would occasionally venture south into sub saharan regions like the Congo & Uganda in a Landrover.

For me the remedy was some info from the "in territory" British Embassy & local info on road conditions etc, before venturing further was always helpful.
With a Nian Persian carpet to stretch out on the roof for a nights sleep and adequate provisions that bloody Landrover took me all over the continent & back to Baghdad where I was based.
I didn't need no agency simply this "mazunga" was on his own like a lot of wandering Brits, however we are usually armed with tea making equipment and various flavors of the leaf.
Usually guaranteed to "soften & sooth" even the most aggressive local a hot cuppa always seems to mellow the relationship. I suppose its a shame that some nationalities haven't YET discovered its medicinal and diplomatic remedies to many a meeting of the minds.:thumbup:
Dennis

Ed463

Ah yes, stay calm and put the kettle on. Great advice for when things go pear shaped. If that fails crack open the rum and think about it in the morning:)
Patience, the "time is of no consequence to me attitude" (even if it is an illusion) can work wonders.
I really need to follow my own advice more!

Last edited:

Top Bottom