Work/moto/camper

Craftsmanship looks superb. I knew when I saw the Festool that you'd deliver.

Mind if I ask what specific paint you're using? I'm debating what I want to spray.

Thanks, and congrats on the great work.

Bob Laps

Craftsmanship looks superb. I knew when I saw the Festool that you'd deliver.

Mind if I ask what specific paint you're using? I'm debating what I want to spray.

Thanks, and congrats on the great work.
Thanks dude,much appreciated. I rolled a few sheets at a time and went back to touch up the edges as needed. The paint was matched at lowes to the original interior body panels. Valspar Duramax exterior paint. My theory was to use the paint as an extra "glue" (ever take 2 pieces of painted wood apart?....it kinda sticks together)...who knows if it has any real world affects but I will say my Van has zero creeks while driving.
Since u mentioned festool I feel obligated to share my opinion...under powered and over priced. I only own the track saw and their Kapex mitre saw....the track saw was th only game in town when I bought it. Now dewalt and makita make them...cheaper,cheaper guides,cheaper blades and more powerful. Pretty much the same for the kapex...hope that helps dude

Bob

Thanks dude,much appreciated. I rolled a few sheets at a time and went back to touch up the edges as needed. The paint was matched at lowes to the original interior body panels. Valspar Duramax exterior paint. My theory was to use the paint as an extra "glue" (ever take 2 pieces of painted wood apart?....it kinda sticks together)...who knows if it has any real world affects but I will say my Van has zero creeks while driving.
Since u mentioned festool I feel obligated to share my opinion...under powered and over priced. I only own the track saw and their Kapex mitre saw....the track saw was th only game in town when I bought it. Now dewalt and makita make them...cheaper,cheaper guides,cheaper blades and more powerful. Pretty much the same for the kapex...hope that helps dude

Bob
I agree! I have 18v Makita everything - It's nice using the same batteries across everything, and for 4xs less than Festool.

With Festool, I want the Kapex (can't beat the rail slides for accuracy), and a Bluetooth vacuum with the dust separator.

Thanks for the paint info. Van looks great dude. Hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it.

Last edited:

Bob Laps

Finally got around to mounting my bike racks to some 3/8 alum... now I just gotta mount the L track
IMG_6589.jpg
IMG_6590.jpg

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Laps

It’s almost that time of year to start workin on my van again.... 1st thing I’m gettin into is rear door storage/bike rack
IMG_6788.JPG

Hey man, I am also planning on building out a sprinter for mx and enduro events. Does it get hot inside the van where a roof fan is not enough? Is rear AC a reasonable option running through a generator or idling the truck? How is driving the 170 Ext been? Have you ran into a lot of parking issues?

Bob Laps

Hey man, I am also planning on building out a sprinter for mx and enduro events. Does it get hot inside the van where a roof fan is not enough? Is rear AC a reasonable option running through a generator or idling the truck? How is driving the 170 Ext been? Have you ran into a lot of parking issues?
It hasn't been too bad heat wise at night...just be mindful where u park...try to stay in the shade...next year I plan on getting a zero breeze...it's a battery powered AC that's around 2000 btu....it should be good enough for my living area (6.6 feet)... Driving it has been awesome..I love it...yea it's big to take to the mall but I'm just used to parking in a less than convenient spot ......idling these things are detrimental to the life of the DPF etc...which are very expensive to fix...hope that helps

Bob

Bob, I have the same bike work stand and plan to mount the same as yours - thanks for the push.

I see a folding 2-step stool in the back: do you mind telling where you got it?

Thanks,
Graeme

Bob Laps

Bob, I have the same bike work stand and plan to mount the same as yours - thanks for the push.

I see a folding 2-step stool in the back: do you mind telling where you got it?

Thanks,
Graeme
Lol....I hear ya dude...sometimes it's hard to get motivated...truth be told iv had that stand in my garage for at least 6 months.
The step stool iv had for like 15 years...I don't remember where I got it but I'm pretty sure it was from an rv supply type place...hope that helps

Bob

Bob Laps

Finished my door panel... crazy how much work it is to make a stupid door panel
IMG_6827.JPGIMG_6826.JPG

Bob Laps

And finished up my over head shelf/tv slide. The tv slides towards the passenger side of the van from behind the cabinets on the drivers side (which aren’t done yet)

Attachments

Top Bottom