Need help with a GW paint code?

parkgt

2007 Great West Van on 2006 2500 T1N
Need help trying to find a paint code for the bottom of a two tone 2007 Great West Legend.
Due to some wind caused door damage I need to get the paint code for the bottom color.

It seems a number of GW Legends used this dark grey color during several years back then.

Any one know what it is or where I might go to find it.

Last edited:

randyready

I was able to get the paint code for my 2009 GW Legend from Mercedes by giving them the VIN #. But that was for the base white. I think the darker tone color on the bottom was stick on wrap. May be mistaken.

marklg

Need help trying to find a paint code for the bottom of a two tone 2007 Great West Legend.
Due to some wind caused door damage I need to get the paint code for the bottom color.

It seems a number of GW Legends used this dark grey color during several years back then.

Any one know what it is or where I might go to find it.

What do you need to do? My darker paint is coming off on plastic pieces, doors and wheel trim. It looks like paint with clear coat over it by how it is peeling. Body shops now do paint color matching themselves, to the color the paint is now, not the original color it was years ago.

Regards,

Mark

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
What do you need to do? My darker paint is coming off on plastic pieces, doors and wheel trim. It looks like paint with clear coat over it by how it is peeling. Body shops now do paint color matching themselves, to the color the paint is now, not the original color it was years ago.

Regards,

Mark
+1. FWIW, the clear coat on the gold color applied over the MB black and the fibreglass on my van is starting to peel.

parkgt

2007 Great West Van on 2006 2500 T1N
+1. FWIW, the clear coat on the gold color applied over the MB black and the fibreglass on my van is starting to peel.

Had the same issue with mine prior to the repaint. Seems GW may have used an inferior product; I have never seen clear coat peel like that on anything else.

CadZukes

The clear coat flaked off my fender flairs as well. Of course the paint code line in the owners manual is blank. I took the spare tire cover in to the paint shop and they scanned it to try to duplicate the color. It is not a perfect match but close enough for me. They mixed up a batch and filled a couple spray cans and along with some clear coat spray cans - I have another project for my to-do list.

marklg

The clear coat flaked off my fender flairs as well. Of course the paint code line in the owners manual is blank. I took the spare tire cover in to the paint shop and they scanned it to try to duplicate the color. It is not a perfect match but close enough for me. They mixed up a batch and filled a couple spray cans and along with some clear coat spray cans - I have another project for my to-do list.
The spare tire holder has a very faint but visible "GW" on it. No idea how to duplicate that. I had also considered making the fender flares and running boards a different color so they did not have to match.

Regards,

Mark

Top Bottom