2008 2500/ 2010 RS questions - owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowstride

We bought our NCV3 RS earlier this year, less than a year old and with 7,000 miles on the clock. We had a couple of engine lights sorted out by MB, under warranty, the van runs great. We have been on a few short road-trips and are getting the hang of living in the van.

However there are a few questions that other RoadTrek owners might be able to help me with:

1/ Why does my half oven/microwave automatically power 'on' when I start my generator? Can it be 'off' unless I turn it on?

2/ With my aux batteries 'on' and the inverter 'on', why won't my oven power 'on'? What 110 volt appliances and outlets should be available?

3/ I would like to change out the DVD player, but it has a bunch of little speaker wires going into it, most DVD players that I have seen have RCA jacks. Has anybody had success up-grading this DVD player?

4/My Eclipse (Fujitsu Ten) stereo head unit is going haywire. Annoyingly, it seems to have a mind of it's own. Often the buttons are unresponsive, the touchscreen is only partially functioning, and sometimes the unit will not even turn off. Anybody else experiencing problems? We have read the manual and are not button jamming, and, of course, the warranty is only good for the original owner.....

Cheap electronics in an expensive van?

Cheers:drink:

Trekker

Trekker
The microwave is hard wired into the house wiring system, and is always 'on' when 120 V power is present. Just like in your terrestrial home, have you noticed there is no "on-off power" button on microwaves? :professor:

Microwave isn't powered by inverter. Too much current draw. The inverter only powers the outlet under the coffeemaker and the outlet in the entertainment cabinet. That's spelled put in the Roadtrek manual.

We're happy with the stock DVD player. The speaker wires go to the various speakers in the surround sound system. Two over the bed, one behind the tv, three up front, and the subwoofer, for a total of 14 wires. Changing to RCA jacks requires a trip to the Radio Shack. Haven't messed with them.

Our Tom Tom Eclipse has been working quite well. Lots of functionality in a little box. Suggest you power the entire unit down and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom