NCV3: 2006-2018 2008 Sprinter 2500 Van modified for wheelchair - Central MA

220718a

Dodge Sprinter 2500 Wagon 144” WB
Exterior Color : Jasper Blue
Engine : 3.0-L V6 Turbo Diesel Engine
Transmission : 5 Speed Automatic Transmission

$24,000 Or Best Reasonable Offer

We are selling our 2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 Van. We are the only owner and have driven about 61,000 miles over 10 years. I have all maintenance records and a clean title in hand. This van was primarily used for trips to Boston Children’s Hospital and back (about 120 miles round trip for us), New England vacations, and a few long trips from MA down 95.

The Sprinter was modified twice - the first change was to remove the first row of seats to add the wheelchair lift. The lift is the Vangater II which folds up after use, so is not rattling like other types of lifts. This lift has a 650 pound capacity and folds out to 30” usable width and 47” usable length. The Sprinter has the E-Z locking system for the wheelchair, where the wheelchair has the long bolt post on the bottom and rolls into the lock to secure the chair for transport. The modification DOES NOT include typical wheelchair 4 point tie downs, since the wheelchair user only used the E-Z lock post system.

The second modification was in 2012 when we thought we would be traveling more with our disabled son. The passenger seating was removed and replaced by J seating along the side and back. The section of the seating along the side wall also pulls out into a small bed area.

The front seats were replaced with captain chair style seats with armrests. Both seats have the ability to turn around to face the back.

We removed all original seating in the back to convert to the J seating. The J seating allows for 2 on the back and 2 on the side, comfortably. One more can fit in the corner depending on the size of person. So with the wheelchair, 5 passengers in the J seating, 2 up front, the total seating is 8.

The conversion to change the seating also added an inverter/auxiliary battery system with two 110V outlets and an additional 12V adapter outlet, which were needed for my son’s medical equipment when batteries go low on long trips.

We replaced the original stereo with a Clarion model, which has bluetooth, a USB adaptor and a remote.

Added equipment is:

Vangater II wheelchair lift
E-Z lock wheelchair tie down system
J style seating along side wall and back
Fold out seat to create small bed area
2 110V wall style outlets
Additional 12v cigarette lighter style outlet
Captan chairs that can turn to face the back
Replaced original stereo with Clarion with Bluetooth and USB

Original equipment includes the typical, but here are some of note :

Heat/AC in front and back
4 Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes
Stability Bar
Traction Control
Power Locks and Windows
Tow Hook (never used)
Privacy Tinted Windows
Storage nets in rear doors
Full Size Tire (never had to use, so assume still in good shape)
Three overhead lights in rear passenger area
Overhead Console with lighting in front
Cruise Control
Rear window wipers and defroster
Overhead storage in front of both seats
Fog Lamps
Step Pad on rear bumper
Backup Alarm (Beep-Beep to annoy neighbors!)
Daytime running lights
ParkSense warning system
Mudflaps

There are some rust spots we have heard is typical of Sprinters at joints and welding locations. Nothing rusted through, but you can see rust spots. There is a dent low on the drivers side rear from taking a corner at a gas station and clipping a low concrete pillar. We did not get it repaired for high insurance deductible reasons. There is no rust from this, just dent and paint scratches.

The Sprinter has been housed under a carport with high entrance point, the same as the roofline of the garage. This restricts some weather exposure. The carport is always shoveled out after the plow leaves, however wheels are rusty.

The photos are on this Google Drive site.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TAdx2BauxMGVg9yf8

I am going to list here for a few weeks before trying another site with broader reach. I am in Central MA about 2 miles off the Pike - an easy drive from Boston, Providence, Hartford, Worcester and Springfield.

Last edited:

220718a

Lowered price to $24,000 I would love this van to go to another person who needs a wheelchair vehicle and also knows about Sprinter's fine motor. We would keep it but my knees can't deal with the step up anymore, and using it to go to hospitals with parking garages is a huge pain. I hope another family that doesn't have as many city visits can use it.

Here are a few photos from the google photo drive.

Attachments

Top Bottom