LED G4 bulb replacement for under cabinet lights

GregMN

2007 Serenity
2007 Serenity

I replaced the under cabinet bulbs with these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0792XGCM5
G4 LED Bulb 10 Pack, Bi-Pin Base, 20W Halogen Bulb Equivalent, AC/DC 12 Volt, Warm White 3000K

Same color light
Same brightness
1.5 watt
Slightly larger bulb body fits the fixture just fine.

Does anyone know what size bulb the fixture in the stairway takes ?
It looks like it might be a G4, but I cannot get it removed.

Bertible

Hi

My 08 has LED lights under the cabinet but they are a type where each LED is soldered into a circuit board. So the entire fixture must be replaced. I have one flickering in the bedroom, so I’m thinking of moving a working one from the kitchen then putting a couple of brighter ones over the kitchen counter.

Example: 12v-ledlight Screw Free Lightweight Silver Ceiling Lamps - Interior Recessed Light Fixtures Replacement - LED Ceiling Light Aluminum, 3w, Soft Warm White, Pack of 6 with Bonus https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPQ3B9Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_i_GxTcBbN4G915G.

I used these in a mod to light the cockpit ceiling and they are quite a bit brighter than the dim stock. vintage LED’s. (Even though they are both warm white)

Has anyone found a close replacement for the original LED under cabinet lights?

Gary

rollerbearing

Not sure about LTV, but Winbago had a batch that were kinda/sorta "recalled". The LEDs and their resistors were too small and would get too hot - unsoldering themselves from the circuit boards. This caused flickering and eventual total failure of the LED.

They were replaced by the lamp manufacturer no questions asked.

What brand are yours?

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
Thanks for the link, I was never happy with the ones I used undercabinet. The big circuit board never exactly fit and it would fall out. Even taped them down and they still go out. I figure the $10 to replace all of them again is worth it. I paid almost $70 for the ones I used seven years ago.

I haven't replaced the stairway one on mine. Did you ever figure it out?

-Randy

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
Perhaps that is a project worth embarking on. The stair and the outside patio and both lights in the bath are all still incandescent. I'll post if I figure anything out.

-Randy

Top Bottom