re: parts in Canada

Daig

re: parts in Canada

Looking for a block heater for a 2007 Sprinter 2500, and for anyone's advice as to best place to get parts up in the real frozen tundra... Thanks

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Re: parts in Canada

Looking for a block heater for a 2007 Sprinter 2500, and for anyone's advice as to best place to get parts up in the real frozen tundra... Thanks
Not available in the NAFTA region from Chrysler/Dodge. I recommend you contact forum member Chris Case (SprinterUK). There is a heater available for the OM642 engine assembly. There's a description of it here.

-Jon

Daig

Not available in the NAFTA region from Chrysler/Dodge. I recommend you contact forum member Chris Case (SprinterUK). There is a heater available for the OM642 engine assembly. There's a description of it here.

-Jon
Great, thanks for the quick response Jon, I will check into this.

Cory

glasseye

See if you can contact shanemac on this site. He lives in Fort McMurray and drives an NCV3. He must have a block heater.

shanemac

I should have a block heater but i don't:cry: came up with this mopar info hear

Description: Engine Block Heater Kit for 3.0L Diesel Item Number: 82211744 MSRP*: $110.63 usa price Part Note: Installation Guide: Vehicle Description: 2009 Sprinter 2500

i tried searching for a picture or install instructions no dice.

Daig

I should have a block heater but i don't:cry: came up with this mopar info hear

Description: Engine Block Heater Kit for 3.0L Diesel Item Number: 82211744 MSRP*: $110.63 usa price Part Note: Installation Guide: Vehicle Description: 2009 Sprinter 2500

i tried searching for a picture or install instructions no dice.

Ok, thanks for the reply Shanemac.

glasseye

As an aside:

A Canadian was heading south in his pickup truck to escape winter. Asked how far he was going , he replied: "I'm gonna keep on heading south until someone asks me what that extension cord coming out my grill is for".:hmmm:

AlbertaBear

I just went to the Dodge dealer in Calgary and had them install a Mopar heater, it is an inline I think and therefore not vehicle specific.

You sure need one.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT

As an aside:

A Canadian was heading south in his pickup truck to escape winter. Asked how far he was going , he replied: "I'm gonna keep on heading south until someone asks me what that extension cord coming out my grill is for".:hmmm:
:bounce:

Thanks for the remember when! I was driving to Miami one year and stopped for gaz in Georgia. The attendant asked me what all that 'white stuff' was on my truck's lower body. I replied 'road salt'.

Daig

Thanks for the info.... I ended up ordering one through the Dodge dealer in my town. Must be simular to what you show here.

stevebmw3

Hi Dear.

In Calgary the VARSITY charged me for the same block heater $400 CAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went back to get discount,but nor sucessful.:bash:

bernardo

Daig another option worth considering is to go whole hog and get the espar diesel coolant heater d5with timer, circ pump, aux heater with thermo switch. Not cheap abt $1400 @ cool-it.ca but never subject it to a cold start or get into a cold van! bb

Top Bottom