Adventure Van Expo in Tahoe

pbansen

Great event in Homewood, California (west shore of Lake Tahoe) today - the Adventure Van Expo.

Probably 16 - 20 vendors and 65-85 Sprinters, Transits, Promasters, Vanagons, etc. The vast majority were Sprinters and all kinds of builds, from megabuck commercial boutique work to some very credible DIY conversions. Lots of nice people all eager to discuss their project and their travels!

We spent a lot longer there than I had anticipated and had a great time - saw a bunch of old friends and made some new ones. It doesn't get a lot better than that!

Pete Bansen
Reno, Nevada

GaryJ

Here since 2006
Yep, I was there also and all of the above is true, including meeting up with old friends. And the only T1N I encountered was brought by none other than Dale, originator of the NorCal Sprinter Campout held October 18-21 at Concow reservoir. Don't miss it...

Gary

SprinterSnale

'05 T1N 3500 - NorCalSprinterCampout
Adventure Van Expo was fun. Big thanks to Neil for hosting a cool get-together lakeside.

The turn out was large, filling both lots at the Ski Resort. There were Sprinters, Transits, Rams, Sportmobiles, VW's, Toyotas and other rigs. All kinds of builds from professional upfitters large and small--new and classic brands. Many accessory vendors also displayed their wares

Plenty of DIY builds with open doors were on display sharing ideas. I know I left with a few, and shared with dozens of lookers curious about practical aspects of my conversion, as well as the funky stuff like our fabric surface treatments covering most the interior.
I met some new friends and it was great to see many NCSC campers, and spread the word of the upcoming event.

The photo suggests folks are looking to hangout together in vans...laughs. More pictures coming soon after departing the pines.

pbansen

Plenty of DIY builds with open doors were on display sharing ideas. I know I left with a few, and shared with dozens of lookers curious about practical aspects of my conversion, as well as the funky stuff like our fabric surface treatments covering most the interior.
I'm going to talk to Neil and suggest that next year (assuming that he wants to do it again), they designate a parking area adjacent to the vendors for folks who want to do an 'open house' - limiting parking in that area to the 'open house' vans - with general parking farther away. I came looking forward to doing that, but ended up parked down by the lift maintenance shop where there was little to no foot traffic - we took some folks up there, but it was less than efficient.

I'll volunteer to assist with the event also - I think the turnout was a little surprising and overwhelming for basically a one-man operation! Nevertheless, Neil did a great job and it was huge fun - I think he may have to find another, larger location for next year - maybe the Regional Park at Tahoe Vista or one of the ski resort parking lots at Squaw Valley or Alpine Meadows (or Sugar Bowl, Boreal, Mt. Rose, etc).

I met some new friends and it was great to see many NCSC campers, and spread the word of the upcoming event.

The photo suggests folks are looking to hangout together in vans...laughs. More pictures coming soon after departing the pines.

Yeah - a great time was had by all, I'd say!!

SprinterSnale

Yes, the van line up could have been more organized. I parked on the north lot, then ran into TahoeBear and moved next to his Transit in the South lot. He spent the day raising and lowering his DIY bed...laughs. It was nice to be in the action zone. The process could be formalized with singage and a couple volunteers and signage. 6 rows of open vans would have been cool. I only had a brief moment to thank Neil, but his son told me they were, in fact, suprised at the turnout. And half the proceeds benefitted his music school which is nice.

Shawn182

Wish I would have learned about it earlier than I did last week otherwise would have shot up there to check it out.

SprinterSnale

Here are some pics from the A.V.E. Sept 15, 2018

Dave's Aluminess Rig with two Rad Rover EBikes proudly perched.

"You kids go play on the roof"

The shoe solution has arrived! (Show pic to wife at your own risk. laughs.)

Proudly brewed in Chico. Such a versatile clamp.

TahoeBear's DIY bed lift was a smash (figurativley speaking)

Peanut butter and chocholate / bikes and vans

Another great metal work offering...

Yes indeed!

Tiny Ram conversion.

Sportmobile in the house. Heard a Reno facility is in the works.

Shoulda kept my '85 straight axle and gone 6 wheel drive...

Top Bottom