Orange gravity water fill plug

PattyKen

Does anyone know where this type of plug can be purchased? It is for the fresh water tank with the opening inside of the passenger door pillar. We have 2008 Roadtrek Adventurous.

irvingj

2015 RT SS Agile (3.0L)
If it's like ours, it's nothing more than a standard, polyethylene pipe plug. Looks like it's sized to fit 1-1/8" to 1-1/4" ID pipe.

Try a plumbing or refrigeration supply place; frequently copper pipes are shipped with plugs like that to keep debris out. (I have a collection of plugs that I've saved and use on various things.)

Ours says "NIAGARA 250" and ERIE PA" on it. Also note that it has a 1/8" hole drilled in it to allow atmospheric pressure to enter the fresh water tank.

Attachments

PattyKen

Thank you for answering and sending the pictures. That is exactly what we are looking for. We have searched high and low but in the wrong places. ��

Moto Vita

The filler cap on my CS Adventurous has no hole, the tank is vented elsewhere, if it wasn't filling would be tricky as I wouldn't know it was full until water came shooting back out of the filler.

RT.SS

Does anyone know where this type of plug can be purchased? It is for the fresh water tank with the opening inside of the passenger door pillar. We have 2008 Roadtrek Adventurous.
I have many extras. Message me your address and I will send you one free of charge.

DIY-RVer

Another option - $1.09 each at Home Depot. Drilled a small hole for the air vent, and drilled a small hole so the metal ring could go all the way through the pull tab.

Disclaimer: This was for my Roadtrek Popular 190 on a Chevy chassis, NOT a Sprinter! I assume they are the same size.

Attachments

I have many extras. Message me your address and I will send you one free of charge.
Hi RR.TS,

I too (acrually my wife did it) lost that orange water tank plug. I went to Home Depot, but can't find any plug or metal pipe plug can fit that gravity water fill hole. Can you sell me one if you still have extras?

Thanks in advance,

DIY-RVer

Hi RR.TS,

I too (acrually my wife did it) lost that orange water tank plug. I went to Home Depot, but can't find any plug or metal pipe plug can fit that gravity water fill hole. Can you sell me one if you still have extras?

Thanks in advance,
aaagong, try the 1 & 1/8" Rubber Sink Stopper as pictured above, sold at Home Depot.

kondelou

I replaced mine when it broke with a cork plug and I threaded a pull string in the center of it. "Think like an Alaskan"

Top Bottom