T1N harness part numbers MB/Dodge

Brokecanadian

2005 Cargo 2500 SHC NA
Ok sprinter experts...about to fix my problems permanently

Wiring harness is worn out by the injectors

Does Dodge/OM647 part #5120167AA correspond with MB part # 901 540 31 07 for the replacement engine wiring harness?

Thanks in advance, the Dodge part is being sold at a low of @475 and a high of 800 right now, while the Mercedes Benz part is $240...

2005 long and tall Dodge Sprinter (NAFTA)

Last edited by a moderator:

glas1700

Re: Current and former T1N owners - part # question

My Dodge to MB cross reference agrees with your MB part number. The MB to Dodge cross reference also agrees.

Brokecanadian

2005 Cargo 2500 SHC NA
Hello guys where did you buy the wiring harness
eBay, if you're patient. I'm hoping for the best, the picture looked nothing like what I was expecting. $475

Search for MB# 901 540 31 07 after verifying the tag under the dashboard near the ECU its for 2005-2006 (check anyway)

Last edited:

lindenengineering

Charbroiled harnesses and "black death often go together.

Harness updates go (since i last posted) MB has stock of 2002 to 2003 harnesses now in stock where there were none!
Mopar seems to have moved their ":collection" to Mopar Classic line.
Price has moved up accordingly where a few months ago they were a lot cheaper.

The TiN harnesses for 2004 to model run out are available from MB at the prices posted , Mopar is higher these days.

MB dealers consequently are the best places to buy a new harness.
Labor times to change 3 hours newer T1N --Old T1N (2002/2003) is 3,5 to 4 hours.

Dennis

windseye

The tag on my wiring harness was unreadable so I took a chance and found a A 901 540 19 07. The fitment chart showed: that it fit a 2003 Dodge SPRINTER 2500 SHC VAN 158" 2.7L 5 Cyl Diesel
Now that I have the old one out (intact) it seems that there are several connectors missing on the new harness. It seems that I probably needed a A 901 540 21 07. Seems that the Freightliner spec is different than the Dodge spec.
Now I have to improvise.
First, does anyone know how to determine the correct part number from the VIN or otherwise?
Second, anyone have one to swap? I need one that fits a 2003 Freightliner 2500 SHC, OM 612 engine.
Third, is there any chart showing the revisions?
Fourth, should I try to cobble together a solution adding the missing wires and connectors from the old harness to the ones in the new harness?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Windseye

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
First, does anyone know how to determine the correct part number from the VIN or otherwise?
Engine model is on the black injector cover on the left side (looking at it from the front).

OM612's harness number is A9015402107. I am not positive, but I don't think Dodge sold any T1N that was not 50-state compliant, and the OM612 was not 50-state compliant. Europarts SD reports this harness is no longer available. You may have some luck on the Mopar sites; and the part number shows up on some European sites. Keep us informed.

OM647's harness number is A9015403107

Third, is there any chart showing the revisions?
No.

Different connectors in several locations - they are not interchangeable.

windseye

Thanks hkpierce,

As I suspected.

Careful review of the photo in your excellent write-up seems to indicate that my harness is the same as yours. The missing connectors are there. There may be one in California. Here's hoping. Then I need to get rid of the other new one.

Your write-up was very helpful although I got frustrated at around step 23. I checked the Dodge instructions and they remove the injector harness before removing the intake manifold. I tried it and SUCCESS. Got the harness out intact without removing the manifold.

Thanks for your help and please wish me luck.

windseye

Csansom001

2003 High Top 158in
Windseye,

Were you able to find a new wiring harness for your 03? I’ve been searching too.

Thanks hkpierce,

As I suspected.

Careful review of the photo in your excellent write-up seems to indicate that my harness is the same as yours. The missing connectors are there. There may be one in California. Here's hoping. Then I need to get rid of the other new one.

Your write-up was very helpful although I got frustrated at around step 23. I checked the Dodge instructions and they remove the injector harness before removing the intake manifold. I tried it and SUCCESS. Got the harness out intact without removing the manifold.

Thanks for your help and please wish me luck.

windseye

windseye

Windseye,

Were you able to find a new wiring harness for your 03? I’ve been searching too.
No. I was unable to find a replacement for the exact harness. I purchased a harness for the earlier version of the 2003 OM612 T1N that does not have the EGR connections. When I compared the harnesses, I was tempted to add the EGR connections but I decided to rebuild my harness instead. When I get it installed I will let everyone know whether it works. Meanwhile, I have the other harness available for sale or trade.

Top Bottom