Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Sprinter Talk > Scanners

Old 04-14-2019, 02:45 AM   #191
BonesRN

Default Re: iCarSoft MB II users group discussion thread

rlg999, I just purchased this scanner unit and on my 2006 Dodge 2500 I am unable to access the TCM, also, I am unable to access and or delete codes under the iCarSoft 'Sprinter' specific drop down menu (though it will read codes under the generic OBD drop down menu). At the moment I have both a current and a pending P0715 code that will not go away and I am locked in LHM. Does this sound correct? It seems to be in opposition to your findings. Perhaps I need a program update? Not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jer
BonesRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 05:55 PM   #192
eaglesprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug022984 View Post
Success. Was able to reset steering angle sensor. Although it wasn't quite as easy as I hoped. Using the BENZ menu as others noted, I used the "automatic" function to detect my vehicle and determine the test, which was a road test. After several attempts to follow the instructions of the road test, it kept telling me it was "unsuccessful". I hoped it was just maybe my neighborhood didn't provide the adequate tight turns. So I went to a parking lot and did figure eights and many turns to make sure it registered full turns. This provided a different result with an error code, but an indication that the test at least "completed". However, my ABS ESP lights didn't extinguish.

I then tried "manual selection" which provided an option for a sprinter. This test only required me to turn the steering wheel to straight ahead and press calibrate. After several button pushes on each of the four statuses saying calibrated at 0 deg, the ABS and ESP lights went out and stayed out with a key cycle. Note this test didn't actually require any driving.
I'm trying this right now on my 05 passenger and not having any luck! I've gone through both the Benz and Sprinter menu. In the Benz menu I don't see a sprinter option? In the sprinter option it gives me the road test which doesn't seem to be working. Am I missing something or maybe there has been an update that took the sprinter off the Benz menu and seem to be SOL. Any advice is much appreciated!
eaglesprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:57 PM   #193
eaglesprinter

So a little more messing around and have figured it out!! On my version of the iCarsoft MBii I believe 11.20. Go though the Sprinter menu > Steering angle reset > Manual Select > SprinterII 90x.6. This allowed me to just straighten the wheels and re-calibrate the SAS. No driving. Once the re-set was done the lights were still on but after turning the engine off then back on NO LIGHTS!! After a short road test and some tight turns things seem to be good.
eaglesprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eaglesprinter For This Useful Post:
Aqua Puttana (08-04-2019)
Old 09-02-2019, 10:17 AM   #194
PermaHeretic
2009 MWB standard roof

[QUOTE=rlg999;420717]Write-up: Guide for T1N Owners: iCarSoft MB II Diagnostic Tool

Does anyone know if this version (iCarsoft MBII) will do a DPF regen?
Old 09-05-2019, 09:18 AM   #195
lukeyt123

Hi guys,

recently bought the icarsoft mb v2.0 thinking that it was the MBII. Apparently it's got all the features of the MBII and more but i'm just seeing if there are many on here with much experience with it? I'm using it with a 2006 T1N 313CDI

When i plugged it in it didn't seem to have much in the menu's and it only came up with the Common fuel rail menu when I scanned on automatic. managed to flag the code for a bad glow plug which I already knew about, but nothing more. As i recently changed my camshaft sensor i decided to unplug that and do a scan see if that would throw any codes but no luck.

Decided to try update it see if that helps anything but didn't manage to get any further accessible menu's. Any idea's? TIA
lukeyt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #196
ddemenna

I purchased a new Icarsoft MB V2 scanner and continue to get a "Link Error". I have a 2008 2500 3.0L, Datacard number: WD09066331S247211.
With the engine running, selecting Diagnostics, Sprinter, V40, 906, and any scan Auto or manual, will produce only a "Link Error"
I have written to Barnett Davies at Icarsoft several times but has not been responding.

I read that the older versions work. Where do I get the older versions?

It seems that the software can be copied off of the memory card...
I appreciate user wisdom!

Last edited by ddemenna; 09-12-2019 at 11:44 AM.
ddemenna is offline   Reply With Quote