De-winterize

First time bringing my MB/Pleasure way out of winterization. I have 2018 PW Plateau. What is the procedure for "de-winterizing" my vehicle? In other words what are the steps, in order,:thinking: to "bring it back to life"?

Rock Doc

It’s not hard to do. Basically, all you need to do is follow the procedure to sanitize the fresh water system, and you’ll be dewinterizing it at the same time. Just be sure to check the bypass valves on the water heater to let water flow into the water heater so you include it in santizing the freshwater system. This procedure should be described in your owner’s manual.

Otherwise, I advise checking the propane system to make sure all propane appliances work properly (there are four appliances—furnace, stovetop water heater and generator) and that the batteries are fully charged. Beyond this, check all the usual automotive items you’d check upon putting a vehicle back into service from storage (like tire pressures and various fluid levels).

All in all, it’s not too tough to do, and it’s even not all that time consuming.

Rock Doc
2014 Pleasureway Plateau TS in 2013 Sprinter 3500

Top Bottom