Ac vent control switch linkege

opselite

The vent control stopped turning one day so I took apart the panel to get behind the switch and found out the links to turn the controls are not connected. I don't know what goes here. Anyone know or got a pic? This is just behind the ac panel.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

opselite

Yes mine doesn't seem to be moving the cables though. Everything looks in tact. I'll shake for loose parts.

opselite

This piece looks chipped which might not be allowing the cable to move out of the groove.

rock_fencer

spray a bunch of lube (silicone or graphite) around your cables and manually manipulate them and see if that helps. the cables get stuck frequently.

opselite

I have to replace that wheel as the cable roller ball at the bottom gets stuck in the groove. I bought a used climate control with a good wheel. But there is no good way to swap the wheels that I can see. The replacement climate control didn't have AC controls otherwise would have been easy to replace entire thing. Also the units without ac a different and I cannot swap parts

koenb

Module Repair Pro on ebay. I sent mine in to repair the same broken vent selector knob. My unit ended up not being repairable. $100 for them to refurb your unit, if they can't fix it they refund that cost or apply it to a refurb unit from them. Got a refurb for $130. They also fix the common issues on unit's they refurb so you end up with a better component. Was recommended by them to replace both the black and the white cables. Europarts-SD has them for $9 each.

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
The black and white cable arms have followers that ride in the tracks on the front and back of the white wheel.
If the cables become stiff and you force the knob too much, the wall of the track can break in inconvenient ways, sometimes jamming the selection knob completely.

Others (Vic?) have managed to get the wheel out and fill the voids behind the track walls with JB-Weld two-part epoxy. A slurry of baking soda and superglue would probably work too? After repair, grease the track with petroleum jelly, lube the cables, and reassemble.

-dave

opselite

I ended up fixing this with some super glue and baking soda. These items harden like plastic instantly when combined. Cost was $3. Almost works like new again. I tried to take the wheel out and replace but could not do so. Glue was the next best thing.

Top Bottom