Guidelines to the Forum

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Here are the Guidelines that I try to follow so that anyone and everyone can have their say in the forum without me interfering.

In no particular order:

1. No personal attacks.

Attack the subject and not the respondents. If you don't like what was said, don't read it, respond to it, and/or add the user to your ignore list. Look for the ignore feature in your User Control Panel.

2. No SPAM.

It and the user (unless you've been posting for awhile :smirk:) will be deleted.

3. No Offensive language.

I understand that the F-word and the S-word has its place in the English language. I try my best to EDIT them out, but I don't catch everything and I'm not at all offended by the use of them because I use them too when I'm away from kids and working on my Sprinter. :smirk:

BUT, there are some that are downright offensive including those that are racist in nature. These will be deleted and the user will be warned. Really! I don't use it and I don't think anyone needs to use it in a conversation.

4. Offensive Pictures.

Pictures that show nudity (nipples, vaginas, etc.), decapitations, lacerations, etc. List gets longer as users get smarter.

---

Lastly, if you haven't heard it from me before I'll say it again because it's worth repeating. I believe in Freedom of Speech. It has changed me from a "mister know-it-all" to someone that is more open-minded by listening to all points of views. I really mean "all" even if it's something that I don't want to hear or listen to.

Please add (your own) to the list of 3 above and let's discuss it.

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Freedom of speech is a privilege not a right, literally speaking.
Off topic under a memorandum of understanding should be based on decency, it's as simple as that.
As to not pushing the boundaries. to the extremity of the tolerated limits.
I Love love a joke with a little titillation pics included:drool: but not filth, enough is enough.
Members should integrate with threads, in all areas as best as they can as to being part of the forums family's:" PRIMARY INTEREST." If a members only primary threads are based purely on off topic and no or very little input towards Sprinter-Talk.
Then you have to ask yourself this question! What is the persons primary interest on the forum:shifty:. Time for a correction as to moderation.
This is my personal opinion only.
Sincerely Richard.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
OrioN's rule...

If it looks like poop, smells like poop and tastes like poop, then it's poop.

And if more than one agree it's poop, then it's a consensus.

In other words... listen to your peers for guidance.

Last edited:

bladerunner

Freedom of speech is a privilege not a right, literally speaking.

Beg to differ.............in a Democracy its a right of ALL..............in a Dictatorship its a privilege of a FEW!

Off topic under a memorandum of understanding should be based on decency, it's as simple as that.

Simple you say Richard....................well then might I suggest you give us specific 'simple' examples of the yes and no as regards to 'decency' on ALL the issues/topics that can and cannot be discussed.................give us YOUR taboos.

As to not pushing the boundaries. to the extremity of the tolerated limits.

Begs the question again............tolerated limits??....tolerated by whom as Max pointed out earlier...............what subjects if any are taboo to discuss on Off Topic?

I Love love a joke with a little titillation pics included:drool: but not filth, enough is enough.

Am I missing something here Richard................you talk of 'jokes with Filth'.....like to be totally specific and point out for us which jokes on the joke thread you regard as filth so that WE can get an insight as to what exactly you are on about?

Members should integrate with threads, in all areas as best as they can as to being part of the forums family's:" PRIMARY INTEREST." If a members only primary threads are based purely on off topic and no or very little input towards Sprinter-Talk.
Then you have to ask yourself this question! What is the persons primary interest on the forum:shifty:.

Ah...Ok Richard........lets take me as an example as I have a sneaking suspicion this para is kind of directed at me using your usual 'ball-less non stand up and be counted' methodology.........So me, a new kid on the block, came onboard seeking some info on Sprinters as I was loking at buying one, asked some questions...........bought one, asked some more questions, posted a few posts.............decked it out and it is sitting there untried and unused as this side of xmas I have other priorities.

So currently I have no further Sprinter questions to ask or provide feedback about the merits or crap of my Sprinter conversion...............have asked an odd question in other folks threads.

Accordingly I have been reading other folks threads and amusing myself and other members (maybe only some :smirk:) in the Off topic section with various threads and contributions to other folks threads............and without being a brag, I have noticed those threads have scored many hits ..........begs the question Why is it so?

Maybe Man cannot live on Sprinters alone? :smirk:

Time for a correction as to moderation.

As I said earlier Richard...........time to stand up and be counted and give us the SPECIFIC items that you feel breach THE/YOUR code of decency and maybe even have one of Max's type polls to clear the air.

This is my personal opinion only.

That is your right under a democracy...........not a privelidge! :thumbup::smirk:

Sincerely Richard.
:cheers:

bladerunner

OrioN's rule...

If it looks like poop, smells like and tastes like poop, then it's poop.

Some folk would say that test just means you only know sh*t!:smirk:

And if more than one agree it's poop, then it's a consensus.

Ok....only proves...........two people that know sh*t!:tongue:

In other words... listen to your peers for guidance.
The man who lets a leader prescribe his course is a wreck being towed to the scrap heap. - Ayn Rand

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
One may be warned beforehand that Hate crimes on the internet cyber space are now subject to Prosecution: 2009

www.ncjrs.gov screen capture 2009-11-9-0-5-59.png
Local law enforcement act: Hate crimes 2005 Prevention act 2005 Authorizes the Attorney General to provide technical forensic,prosecutorial or other assistance in the criminal investigation or prosecution of any crime that; [1] constitutes a crime of violence under Federal Law or a felony under state or indigenous tribal law; and [2] is motivated by Prejudice based on the actual or preconceived by race,color,religion,national origin,sexual orientation,gender,identity,or disability of the victim,or is a violation of hate crime laws of State territory's of Federal States.

U.S troop deployment,UK Troop deployment European UN and air command: Australian special forces serving in both Iraq and Afghanistan; equally have active serving personnel of different religions, ethnic back ground, and color as to race; that serve to protect our liberty for freedom. this includes those of Muslim faith.
Current legislation In Australia and the U.S have almost identical articles pertaining to the said legislation of law to protect our personal serving in conflict zones.
Guarantee freedom of speech is written into the said articles, of the above.
However the line is drawn on hate and prejudice, as to race color or religion.
"I again ask members to refrain from engaging in this thread".
13 Dead...should One Ponder??

We hate some persons,because we do not know them;and will not know them, because we hate them.
Richard

bladerunner

One may be warned beforehand that Hate crimes on the internet cyber space are now subject to Prosecution: 2009

View attachment 18515
Local law enforcement act: Hate crimes 2005 Prevention act 2005 Authorizes the Attorney General to provide technical forensic,prosecutorial or other assistance in the criminal investigation or prosecution of any crime that; [1] constitutes a crime of violence under Federal Law or a felony under state or indigenous tribal law; and [2] is motivated by Prejudice based on the actual or preconceived by race,color,religion,national origin,sexual orientation,gender,identity,or disability of the victim,or is a violation of hate crime laws of State territory's of Federal States.

U.S troop deployment,UK Troop deployment European UN and air command: Australian special forces serving in both Iraq and Afghanistan; equally have active serving personnel of different religions, ethnic back ground, and color as to race; that serve to protect our liberty for freedom. this includes those of Muslim faith.
Current legislation In Australia and the U.S have almost identical articles pertaining to the said legislation of law to protect our personal serving in conflict zones.
Guarantee freedom of speech is written into the said articles, of the above.
However the line is drawn on hate and prejudice, as to race color or religion.
"I again ask members to refrain from engaging in this thread".13 Dead...should One Ponder??

We hate some persons,because we do not know them;and will not know them, because we hate them.
Richard

ROFL PROFUSELY..............Richard, Richard..................got nothing to do with the 'concept' of HATE...................its about the point that if the facts/data gives a certain conclusion then it is SO................in this case if being a believer in Islam had nothing to do with the events then that will be it as far as being Muslim is concerned but if it proves to be a case of Islamic belief then Islam has to answer for it.

Next you will be telling us that the links to the youtube articles are contrived.:rolleyes:

Or maybe next you will tell us that Bush sent the troops in with 'LOVE' on their bullets.:smirk:

And your call not to participate in the thread..........'13 Dead...should One Ponder??' ...smacks of Hitlers banned books/book burnings.:thumbdown:

bikergar

The last time I was in Australia was near 4 decades ago. I stayed drunk most of the time, but my fond memories are:
  • The women were quite promiscuous
  • The men loved to drink and fight
Now many years later
  • I don't know if the women are still promiscuous
  • I do know the men are all daff
Richard, quit feeding him. You guys banter back and forth and neither one of you make any sense.

Just an observation.:smilewink:

gary

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Promiscuous women?

That explains why my employer, who has seen fit to send me into places on the brink of war, won't send me to work with my coworkers in Australia.

-Jon

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
The last time I was in Australia was near 4 decades ago. I stayed drunk most of the time, but my fond memories are:
Now many years later
Richard, quit feeding him. You guys banter back and forth and neither one of you make any sense.

gary
Have you noticed,as to seeks cure.
bledsilenttreatmentd313wn7.jpg

bladerunner

Now many years later

gary
:smirk::smirk: Nice observation there Gary............and the bit about the women is still pretty much true.:D:

Not familiar with the term 'daff',maybe you would like to enlighten me, ..................but as for the men, we have here a LARGE contingent of males that come under the term of 'Aussie Ockers" which are akin to (in my opinion) the British soccer louts even though certain elements of the country like to whitewash it as being some sort of the Aussie 'Larikin hero image'..............others say its just an unsavory hangover from the countries convict ancestory.:shifty:

If you have done any international travel..............he's the Guy at the airport you can spot a mile off by his loud voice, uncouth mannerisms, singlet top, shorts, thongs on feet and a beer in his hand.................bit like what you Guys call Walmart Folk.:rolleyes:

One of the countries National folk hero's is a escaped convict named NED KELLY...........go fig.

Oh and on the BANTERING...........I like a good banter/discussion/debate..................and I think Richard does also but only to the extent that HE remains in control and is not asked to account, be counted or justify his points.............then he goes off or changes the subject and methinks sulks and then gives you the silent treatment..........but hey he responds likewise to the others on this forum aswell.:thinking:

As I have a Scottish wife and Scottish father inlaw who carry on in a similar fashion to Richard I wonder whether this is a Scottish trait of sorts???:bash:

:popcorn::popcorn: :cheers:

Top Bottom