2018 Sprinter 144" 4x4....take 2

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Installed me some window!

The Tern Overland windows are pretty much the bees knees IMO. Super solid construction and huge opening radius.
Untitled by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
Also got some awesome power and water ports for the van from Tern Overland as well. The covers are being painted to match currently with the flares

And the install video!
https://youtu.be/kYxEKrLbxyg

Thanks for the product links - some nice gear you're adding to it and I may follow suit!

Envious of how fast you can build! Wish I had a back that played nice...

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Did alot of fabrication these past few days. Working on editing video, but here is some . photo and talk about it.
Built the bed.
Materials used include 1 x 2 x 1/4" rec tube for the frames, and 1 x 1 x 1/4 for the overlapping section for the recliner

Basic frame is welded up
Made the second portion that will be the recliner back when we want to sit and look out the back and read, or make out or whatever
Threw it into the van for a test fit

Then it was time to build out the sides

next up is the water tank, ceiling ribs, and skinning the rear panels, and making doors for them.

Friday after work, decided that i was going to strip all the pieces out of the front (a pillar and b pillar trim headliner etc) so i can start running wires for the PA and speakers.
I need to pull my headliner very soon and do the same. Any words of caution or extra care required around the side airbags above the doors?

Bob Laps

Surprised by where u decided to mount both ur batteries just because of the weight behind the rear but nonetheless badass build like ur last one

Bob

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Surprised by where u decided to mount both ur batteries just because of the weight behind the rear but nonetheless badass build like ur last one

Bob
since everything is so lightweight in the build, its not really different than most people with a wood framed bed and cabinets back there.

I also have a full van compass suspension on the way with leaf springs, so sagging wont be an issue

Bob Laps

since everything is so lightweight in the build, its not really different than most people with a wood framed bed and cabinets back there.

I also have a full van compass suspension on the way with leaf springs, so sagging wont be an issue
Tite program as always

Top Bottom