Agile Off-Road out of business?

I bought some suspension parts online from them last Monday. I even called and talked to them on the phone before I did to get a couple of questions answered. That same day they ran my card and gave me an order number.
Since then I’ve received no updates, they won’t answer my emails and their phones have a “we’re too busy to pick up” message. I even messaged them through Facebook. I’m hoping they’re still in business, but a week of not being able to get any contact with them has me wondering
Anybody out their know their status?

I bought some suspension parts online from them last Monday. I even called and talked to them on the phone before I did to get a couple of questions answered. That same day they ran my card and gave me an order number.
Since then I’ve received no updates, they won’t answer my emails and their phones have a “we’re too busy to pick up” message. I even messaged them through Facebook. I’m hoping they’re still in business, but a week of not being able to get any contact with them has me wondering

Sunny&75

I received a quote about 2 days ago. So I assume they’re very busy.

pfflyer

Had a similar situation last year. Mine was to get a set of shocks re-tuned and thought maybe I just wasn't a priority. Not the way I would run a business but they eventually did get back with me and I received the shocks re-tuned.

Had a similar situation last year. Mine was to get a set of shocks re-tuned and thought maybe I just wasn't a priority. Not the way I would run a business but they eventually did get back with me and I received the shocks re-tuned.
What was the turn around time for that? I’m getting a set of Fox rear shocks from them. I was hoping to order more stuff from them, but after getting ghosted for a week I’m reconsidering. It would just be nice if they had the ability to give an ETA on it.

They are very busy, all of the time.

Last winter when I scheduled new shocks, struts, 2" VC lift, and motor and tranny skid plates. It took me a couple of months of find a time spot to drop it off.

They are surely worth waiting for and know their suspension related stuff. Of course, having them less than an hour away helps too.

My 06 2500 SHC rides better than ever and doesn't get pushed around by trucks or windy days, tracks straight down the road like never before.

I am sure the holidays may cause some to not get an immediate response like they may expect.

Your patience will become its own reward. If you are in a rush for an upcoming trip, let them know.

We are lucky to have them around for a better than from the factory ride. I have heard similar complaints about some other suppliers not answering phones as promptly as some expect. They are all busy all day long. If some let them know they are on a tight schedule from the start, I believe they will respond accordingly. Receiving needed parts can be a factor to consider too. They have little control over that unless they are making them on their own like VC and even then there could be a back up for various manufacturing reasons.

VanGoSki

VC stopped answering their phones all together. Both companies are very small, very busy and from all appearances all hands are on deck working as fast as they can to fill orders. I have never seen any reports of either company stiffing any customers. So I would chill out and relax. You'll eventually get your stuff and be a happy camper.

pfflyer

What was the turn around time for that? I’m getting a set of Fox rear shocks from them. I was hoping to order more stuff from them, but after getting ghosted for a week I’m reconsidering. It would just be nice if they had the ability to give an ETA on it.
About 2 weeks the best I can tell from my emails.

pfflyer

VC stopped answering their phones all together. Both companies are very small, very busy and from all appearances all hands are on deck working as fast as they can to fill orders. I have never seen any reports of either company stiffing any customers. So I would chill out and relax. You'll eventually get your stuff and be a happy camper.
Again not the way I would run a business and it annoys me having to deal with a company that does. Is there not anybody they could hire full or part time just to respond to emails and phone calls? I understand wanting to stay small but being non-responsive is not the way it should be done IMHO.

Again not the way I would run a business and it annoys me having to deal with a company that does. Is there not anybody they could hire full or part time just to respond to emails and phone calls? I understand wanting to stay small but being non-responsive is not the way it should be done IMHO.
That’s where my head is at. A quick form email to indicate the timeline would be cool. When I talked to them on Monday they stated that the Fox rears were in stock so I assumed it would be a week or so turnaround. I ended up buying the Bilstein B6s elsewhere since Agile didn’t think they’d have them in stock until January. I’d just love to be able to know when they’re expected to ship since I have several long trips coming up and would like to plan the install around them.

Geezus.

We have a couple of aftermarket suppliers that do what few others can offer to improve what MB gives us from the factory. The difference in road handling is so worth waiting for.

Both of these companies are busy every day, all day long. When I had to wait a couple of months for a window to be open, I appreciated the fact they are doing all they can, as fast as they are able. Anyone who takes the time to drop by their businesses can see that they are not wasting a minute. They deserve all of our consideration for the demand they are operating under.

Just try to find another supplier who can equal the demand they are experiencing and if you do, post it here. The more the better for a competitive market.

Agile and VC are it until other companies step up. Everyone has their own tolerances for understanding a particular businesses operating models. Just try to imagine what they are dealing with.

An overwhelming market demand that wants immediate service needs to realize a point of view from the suppliers side, or go elsewhere at your own risk.

Eric B

In my last order (placed it on Black Friday) from AgileOffroad I got among other things new Autel TPMS sensors - order arrived middle of last week with no problems.
Went to tire store on Saturday morning to get new wheels mounted with new sensors.

Tire store had never worked with Autel sensors before and did not have the right scanner to activate them.

Knowing that AO business hours are usually M-F, I sent them an email at about 9am on Saturday figuring they would see it on Monday (today) and get back to me then...
I asked if they had any particular advice about how to proceed.

A couple hours later after I was home from the tire shop, I got a call from AO
They left a message as I was not able to answer the phone in time.
The message said they saw my email and would reply shortly.

I called right back but got their voicemail
So I sent in another email explaining where I was at with this.
Saying dash display confirmed TPMS was active, but not reading wheel sensors, also told them I found a Autel reader on Amazon and had ordered it to troubleshoot.

They called me back AGAIN shortly thereafter and this time I was able to answer the call in time.
They walked me through the process of what I had to once I received the Autel reader.
And that was that.

I applied what they said on Sunday when Amazon dropped off the sensor and I am good to go.

I have nothing but good things to say about them
I was really surprised they called me back (twice!) outside of their regular scheduled office hours

sprinterPaul

They are crazy busy. I usually just drive over there if I want something as they are just super hard to get a hold of.

Motodisiac

Moto Terrorist
To me this is completely unacceptable. Customer service is one of the most fundamental parts of business. There is no excuse for not answering.

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
To me this is completely unacceptable. Customer service is one of the most fundamental parts of business. There is no excuse for not answering.
Customer service is important, but so is customer patience, especially around the holidays when their call volume is probably more than four times what it was in August. A small company would have to hire additional staff to handle the call volume and to move units quicker, which translates to higher prices for consumers and diminished quality control and nobody wants that. Quality parts and service are worth waiting for

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
If you think Agile has poor customer service then I'm guessing you've never heard of or tried to deal with Roambuilt before...

airforceones25

I can’t speak on the behalf of Agile but I will say I’ve noticed that the van building community in general all has pretty poor customer service. Obviously there are exceptions to that. There are a few people that offer work in the trade in these forums and they’re all good at communicating but in general lots of these small businesses are pretty subpar in that aspect. Ultimately it just becomes overwhelming on their end. It’s such a niche community and it’s a supply and demand issue. It’s unfortunate it has to be that way but the facts are the facts. You can either play the waiting game which can be extremely frustrating or you can seek out a different solution, simple is that.

Top Bottom