2020 Coach/2019 MB Chassis

Motordr

2020 LTV Unity Island Bed
Has anyone taken delivery of their new 2020 LTV Unity coach yet? What are your first impressions? Does it have privacy curtains all around the cab? Any other new items?
Most of us have had to place our orders from the obsolete 2019 order sheet and getting 2020 information has been a bit like pulling teeth. I can understand how LTV wants to keep things quiet so as to prevent mass cancellations of 2019/2019 jobs,lol.

Natuzzi

Has anyone taken delivery of their new 2020 LTV Unity coach yet? What are your first impressions? Does it have privacy curtains all around the cab? Any other new items?
Most of us have had to place our orders from the obsolete 2019 order sheet and getting 2020 information has been a bit like pulling teeth. I can understand how LTV wants to keep things quiet so as to prevent mass cancellations of 2019/2019 jobs,lol.
They have sent several emails recently with all the information.

Dacar

2015.5 Unity TB
at least half of the 10K goes to new Mercedes chassis - the added options are not cheap in the cars either

Kitty_Kitty

2020 Unity TB
A few things that I have found out about after the fact, but will have to live with:

On the IB and TB, the kitchen TV no longer slides into a cabinet. It is now fixed over the sink above the stainless steel backsplash. You also lose the top storage cabinet above the pull out TV. If you watch Dean's 2019 IB video, you see this cabinet full of chips and he makes some comment about his "nutritious diet". Watch the new RL video (launched 4 weeks ago) to see how the IB and TB television looks in the 2020 model. I really hate this, honestly. I don't want a visible television and I don't want it that close to the sink to get splashed every time the sink gets used....and I really wanted that large storage cabinet to store my chips. :thumbdown:

Also on the IB and TB, the three overhead cabinets above the opening to the cab are gone. You will now have one large cabinet door in the center (I'm guessing the safe is in there, but don't know for sure). You lose the two smaller cabinets on the side, but you now get two openings in the wall for sh*t to fall out as you're driving around. I hate this too, because you're losing so much storage space. Watch the new RL video to see what that cabinet will look like.

I am also very concerned about the seat issues that have been posted on the LTV Enthusiasts FB page. The seats don't have individual recline and forward adjustments. You can recline the seat and as the back reclines the seat bottom slides towards the dash, as you adjust the recline upwards, the seat bottom slides back away from the dash. There have been several reports of not being able to get the seat in a comfortable position for driving or riding - especially if you have very long or very short legs. These two adjustments should be able to be adjusted separately, but it seems that right now they are not.

I realize that in the grand scheme of things these things are SO TRIVIAL, but when you've planned this purchase and watched these videos countless times and mentally planned where everything will go and how it all will look, like I have, changes are hard to deal with.

Natuzzi

A few things that I have found out about after the fact, but will have to live with:

On the IB and TB, the kitchen TV no longer slides into a cabinet. It is now fixed over the sink above the stainless steel backsplash. You also lose the top storage cabinet above the pull out TV. If you watch Dean's 2019 IB video, you see this cabinet full of chips and he makes some comment about his "nutritious diet". Watch the new RL video (launched 4 weeks ago) to see how the IB and TB television looks in the 2020 model. I really hate this, honestly. I don't want a visible television and I don't want it that close to the sink to get splashed every time the sink gets used....and I really wanted that large storage cabinet to store my chips. :thumbdown:

Also on the IB and TB, the three overhead cabinets above the opening to the cab are gone. You will now have one large cabinet door in the center (I'm guessing the safe is in there, but don't know for sure). You lose the two smaller cabinets on the side, but you now get two openings in the wall for sh*t to fall out as you're driving around. I hate this too, because you're losing so much storage space. Watch the new RL video to see what that cabinet will look like.

I am also very concerned about the seat issues that have been posted on the LTV Enthusiasts FB page. The seats don't have individual recline and forward adjustments. You can recline the seat and as the back reclines the seat bottom slides towards the dash, as you adjust the recline upwards, the seat bottom slides back away from the dash. There have been several reports of not being able to get the seat in a comfortable position for driving or riding - especially if you have very long or very short legs. These two adjustments should be able to be adjusted separately, but it seems that right now they are not.

I realize that in the grand scheme of things these things are SO TRIVIAL, but when you've planned this purchase and watched these videos countless times and mentally planned where everything will go and how it all will look, like I have, changes are hard to deal with.
Just some of the reasons I went ahead with my 2018 UMB delivery last June even though the new Sprinter chassis was on the horizon. The 2018 may be a little lower tech but tried, tested and proven. Very happy :rad:

RD55127

There is a new software update that allows the power front seats to recline much further. I’m sitting in the iState Sprinter Service Center in Inver Grove Heights, MN having it done right now.

Top Bottom