XM Radio

I have a 2018 Pleasure Way Plateau FL and am wondering if the factory installed radio (junk) can accept XM/Sirius radio? Found nothing in the manual and calls to my dealer haven't been returned as of yet.

Onefin

I have a 2018 Pleasure Way Plateau FL and am wondering if the factory installed radio (junk) can accept XM/Sirius radio? Found nothing in the manual and calls to my dealer haven't been returned as of yet.
No provisions for xm with the audio 15.

If you want it to look factory: You’ll want to call or email and verify exactly what model you need from these guys https://www.vaistech.com/product/gsr-mb02-w-tuner-kit/

If you don’t care how ghetto it looks use this https://shop.siriusxm.com/onyx-ez-vehicle.html

I use the latter and one day will pony up for the former.

bigpapaporsche

We have a 2017 Pleasureway XL TD and wanted XM Radio also and were very disappointed to learn it was possible. Its hard to understand why in this Day & Age XM Radio isn't standard equipment on a vehicle of this caliper!

hotfudge

2015.5 Unity TB
No provisions for xm with the audio 15.

If you want it to look factory: You’ll want to call or email and verify exactly what model you need from these guys https://www.vaistech.com/product/gsr-mb02-w-tuner-kit/

If you don’t care how ghetto it looks use this https://shop.siriusxm.com/onyx-ez-vehicle.html

I use the latter and one day will pony up for the former.
I have the XM Onyx radio/base hard wired on our Sprinter dash behind the speedo. It plays through the Audio 15 and upgraded speakers plus sub woofer. I move the Onyx between our MH, home dock and another vehicle dock. That way, only ONE account for three locations.

Onefin

I have the XM Onyx radio/base hard wired on our Sprinter dash behind the speedo. It plays through the Audio 15 and upgraded speakers plus sub woofer. I move the Onyx between our MH, home dock and another vehicle dock. That way, only ONE account for three locations.
I too have the Onyx and have had one since 2014.....they’re cheap (sometimes free with a new subscription) and easy.
I just hate the way they look.....
If I had multiple locations like you do , I’d rethink that....I’d never want to pay 3x monthly xm fees....

skipsteller

I have the Onyx on a sandbag mount in my 2016 Ascent. It sits in the cubby hole behind the speedo and plugs into the accessory jacks on the right side of the cubby hole; one for signal and one for power. The antenna wire is routed down the front of the dash beside the speedo, but you can't see it because it's tucked in the crack where two parts of the dash come together. It then goes under the dash, out of the firewall into the engine compartment, out of the engine compartment beside the drivers side hood hinge, then under the rubber window seal, then straight on up to the front edge of the roof (this last part is covered with metal tape and stays put). The antenna stays where you put it with the magnetic mount. I also have a remote for easy channel surfing. It's neat and great signal.... just wish I had a better stereo system :)

Dja06422

5 bucks a month to stream xm radio. Works good assuming reasonable cell phone reception. Data usage not too bad. I installed a 2nd Bose Solo5 sound bar on my front tv on my 2020 Plateau FL and connect to it via bluetooth. Time will tel....

South Bird

I gave up on the standard unit and installed the Alpine Halo 9. That way, I can get both Sirius XM and Apple CarPlay. There are several applications that let you download Maps for when you go to areas without cell coverage to continue using the GPS. Navigation. They’re also models with smaller screens for less money And the same features. I upgraded the speakers as well and it makes a substantial difference.

Navy goat

I have 2016 Sprinter chassis PW Ascent and am in process of replacing with an Alpine from Crutchfield DIY. I went with the w650 - Does not have a disc player but will do Car Play so I will stream Sirius and Waze as we go. Inexpensive option. Will not have to deal with antennas, receivers etc. More to follow later

Top Bottom