cabinet doors delaminating

Toothman

2006 OM647 5 cylinder eng
Has anyone else seen this problem. I have a 2007 Pleasure-Way Plateau. It has the cherry wood cabinets. At the cabinet door edges the veneer is separating. I don't know what glue would be best and I'm afraid of discoloring the wood with the glue. Has anyone tried doing this repair? thanks

Gimpy666

Use a syringe and needle to inject white wood glue between the de-laminating area. Apply masking tape to clamp and use a damp sponge or cloth to wipe off excess glue. I did this with mine in a couple of areas.

brassarl

2006 T1N 2500 Long & Tall
Has anyone else seen this problem. I have a 2007 Pleasure-Way Plateau. It has the cherry wood cabinets. At the cabinet door edges the veneer is separating. I don't know what glue would be best and I'm afraid of discoloring the wood with the glue. Has anyone tried doing this repair? thanks
If I were you I would contact "Customer Service" at Pleasureway directly, you are out of warranty, but I'm sure they could provide you with sound advice just the same.
Good luck
Lou

Call Pleasure Way. This is the first year for the curved cabinets. They've got excellent customer service people that will help you out and tell you exactly what to use and how to do it.

sheral

We looked at a used 2007 which also had cabinet doors and cabinets that were delaminating. I called PW and learned that they did have a few years where depending on humidity the laminate was lifting. However, they said they had remedied the situation and if you go with the wood doors, there is less chance of this happening (at least to the doors). The person I spoke to suggested that a dealership would be happy to remedy the situation. Because we didn't buy the RV, I don't know if he meant that PW would look after all or part or none of the repair.

Westham

I have a 2008 PW TS the same delamination has started to happen to the wardrobe, bathroom & sink cabinet doors and a couple of the other drawers, the tops and sides are breaking as the glue has dried out and they have become brittle, can anyone give some advise as how to repair? I tried contact paper as the problem was just on the top and side edge, it worked ok but I could never get the curve of the doors completely covered neatly, does anyone have better ideas???
Thanks in advance.:thinking:

Top Bottom