Advanced RV 4X4 Sprinter

PA Slammer

Are any of you guys thinking of getting the 4x4 Advanced RV coming up here next year?

If so, how are you going to use it and what's your layout going to be? Do you have any priorities in what you want to build?

Davydd

I would have liked to have gotten a 4x4 but I understand they won't even go into production until after the first of the year. That would have made it greater than a year wait for me. The floor plan would be no different than the 2wd Sprinter. Most Advanced RV users have done some customization and there is no standard interior finish as you pick your own. One change they were thinking of doing for the 4x4 was having steel nerf bar type running boards instead of their standard fiberglass skirting to give it a more sporty rugged look. I understand there are already some 4x4 Advanced RV customers willing to wait. The 4x4 is considered more of an AWD vehicle and not an off-road. Had I gotten one it would have been simply to get up my driveway in the winter because with a 12% slope we own nothing but AWD for the past 20 years.

PA Slammer

Here is a picture of my driveway. I have chains for my Roadtrek RS, but haven't used them yet as I'm too chicken to chance taking it out in the snow. It frustrates me though as we love winter activities.

We're willing to wait for next year or as long as it'll take to finally get that perfect RV for our family.

Not sure about Nerf bars. Although the Outside Van company has the sweetest looking prerunner bar for the front. I also love the idea of the Aluminess boxes on the rear, but not crazy about their rear bumper. Were looking for an all season vehicle, not an all road vehicle.

PA Slammer

BTW, Davydd, good luck with the build. I'd love to hear how the process goes. I will be sure to follow your posts. Thanks for starting your thread. Great color too.

Davydd

That driveway looks steep! My first impression was I was looking at a waterfall. :)

This is our driveway. It is an upward slope with a rise of about 24 feet in a 200 feet run from the garage you see to get to the street. It then comes back up in a loop in front of our house. I took the picture from inside our house looking out the window. What you see in the headlights is a Bobcat coming down with its plow blade.

Last edited:

Davydd

So far I have managed to never drive in the snow and only on dry pavement in the winter in Minnesota. I've always pretty much shut down from late October to March. However, there is a self car wash I can get a Class B into just down the road from my house. There I suppose one could spray wash the bottom with the spray wand if you want to get down and messy. I would take my creeper along to do that I think. Fortunately I haven't had to do it yet. I usually wash the sides and the wheel wells at that car wash and get on a ladder at home to wash the roof.

Davydd

Here is something I didn't know and learned today and it is kind of good news. A discussion came online about a waterless plumbing trap or no need for a standard P trap you have to keep filled with water to prevent sewer odors from coming back through. Advanced RV saw the discussion and let me know they have been using the waterless trap in their RVs. It is called a Hepv0 trap that works on the principle of a collapsible one way valve that will allow flow in one direction. This will eliminate the problem of traps drying out in storage or sloshing out on the road. It will also eliminate the need to put the pink antifreeze in your traps when winterizing. And it saves space under a sink where you might want to store stuff. To be honest, I had never heard of it until the discussion came up.

http://www.hepvo.com

ronjohn

2019 Unity MB
Here is something I didn't know and learned today and it is kind of good news. A discussion came online about a waterless plumbing trap or no need for a standard P trap you have to keep filled with water to prevent sewer odors from coming back through. Advanced RV saw the discussion and let me know they have been using the waterless trap in their RVs. It is called a Hepv0 trap that works on the principle of a collapsible one way valve that will allow flow in one direction. This will eliminate the problem of traps drying out in storage or sloshing out on the road. It will also eliminate the need to put the pink antifreeze in your traps when winterizing. And it saves space under a sink where you might want to store stuff. To be honest, I had never heard of it until the discussion came up.

http://www.hepvo.com

My LTV Unity had Hepvo traps. Work really well.

I have been enjoying following your posts. Thanks for sharing.

Ron

Davydd

Oops! I thought I posted that in the Advancing Alvar thread. Sorry. Must have had too many tabs open. Oh well, the subject is still Advanced RV.

Top Bottom