Suggestions and Results for Reset Assyst

Saiyan

1. Sprinter 3500 (4/13)
2. No steering wheel buttons
3. After entering menu, I press '0' until the fifth menu option. It says "code 0208"
4. Currently at 10,600 miles. Did oil and oil filter change. Then I did a "reset 51". After doing that, I drive approximately 100 miles and spent the night out. Woke up the next morning and checked the oil via dipstick. Oil level seemed fine. I started it without an issue. Saw a check engine light.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

FFred

IF the oil change .51 reset does not "take" will the check engine light come on?

My problem is similar to the gent above , oil change and a few miles, but I have a iCarsoft borrowed from a neighbor with a Sprinter and no codes show when checking.

Can the check engine light be turned on by the Assyst system?

Last edited:

FFred

My dash shows one large check and one small check, has that turned on the CEL light?

I Found this procedure on the MB site , and wonder if resetting the service system will put out the CEL light?

http://www.mercedes-benz-vans.ca/fi...edes_Benz_Sprinter_Service_Reminder_Reset.pdf

I.
Press button 0 (1) on the instrument cluster. The m
enu "Carry out" (Carry out as display in the multif
unction
display) appears in the multifunction display of th
e instrument cluster.
II.
In the menu "To be carried out" ("To be carried out
" as a display in the multifunction display) mark t
he menu
item "Full Service back" ("Full service back" as a
display in the multifunction display) with the uppe
r control
panel of the + and - button (S110s1).
III.
Select marked menu item "Full service back" with th
e upper control panel of the scroll forward and bac
k
button (S111s1).
IV.
Press button 0 (1) on the instrument cluster for ap
proximately 3 seconds until the display "Service co
nfirmed"
appears in the multifunction display.
V.
Press the upper control panel of the scroll forward
and back button (S111s1). The service scope to be
corrected appears in the multifunction display.
VI.
Press button 0 (1) on the instrument cluster. The m
enu "Carry out" (Carry out as display in the multif
unction
display) appears in the multifunction display of th
e instrument cluster.
VII.
In the menu "To be carried out" ("To be carried out
" as a display in the multifunction display) mark t
he menu
item "Full Service" (Full service as display in the
multifunction display) with the upper control pane
l of the +
and - button (S110s1).
VIII.
Repeat operation steps 7 to 11.

FFred

I went to the local Freightliner dealer , as I do not trust the Ft Myers MB shop, and they found the DEF had thrown a code for a few seconds.This gave the check engine light , which they turned off.They ran a full computer diagnose , all was OK.

AS the MB is fairly new there was no charge.

About 150 miles later the CEL light returned , but as we were in the midst of a 1300 mile snowbird trip with a trailer in tow , I simply ignored it, as there was no countdown code..

Sure enough another 3-400 miles and it canceled it self.

I think the computer thought the DEF was low and my filling it to the brimmy brim brim (as recommended here) eventually caused the reset.

I contacted the scanner folks that have a fine price for readers of this board , and was informed the scanner is not yet coded for 2015 -2016 units as they are still on warranty .

With a vehicle with the insane electrical complexity of the Sprinter , it is on my list , when it becomes available.

Last edited:
Please post here your

Month and year of manufacture 05/15
Steering wheel buttons..yes or no Yes
Brief description of the screen (something so the rest of us can identify it) Single wrench icon with message: Service A overdue by 68 days
What you did specifically (buttons pushed and for how long) Pushed right scroll twice and got screen that says: Settings to reset: press O button for 3 seconds. After doing that I get another screen that says: Reset to factory settings.
Results of your actions None of this has cleared the alarm. The overdue message still comes up and we also are now getting a loud beep every 10 minutes. This is getting on my last nerve!
There are just over 12,000 miles on this Itasca Navion Model 2016 IM524G.

vnvet

Please post here your

Month and year of manufacture 05/15
Steering wheel buttons..yes or no Yes
Brief description of the screen (something so the rest of us can identify it) Single wrench icon with message: Service A overdue by 68 days
What you did specifically (buttons pushed and for how long) Pushed right scroll twice and got screen that says: Settings to reset: press O button for 3 seconds. After doing that I get another screen that says: Reset to factory settings.
Results of your actions None of this has cleared the alarm. The overdue message still comes up and we also are now getting a loud beep every 10 minutes. This is getting on my last nerve!
There are just over 12,000 miles on this Itasca Navion Model 2016 IM524G.
Tag says 10/2012 I've yet to find anyone anywhere having the EXACT and CORRECT instructions to reset mine. Not here or on YouTube.

pfflyer

Tag says 10/2012 I've yet to find anyone anywhere having the EXACT and CORRECT instructions to reset mine. Not here or on YouTube.
The videos or instructions will get you in the general direction of completing the task. Seems like I had to fiddle with it until it reset. I followed the "with steering wheel buttons" on you tube to a tee and it didn't work but I managed to stumble into resetting it with a couple more try's. I cant tell you how though.

vnvet

Keep fiddling, you'll figure it out.
SERIOUSLY ?
Let me clarify. NO steering wheel buttons.

Not into fiddling either. It's an ether it will work or, it doesn't procedure. And as much as I appreciate people trying to help, I REALLY appreciate those IN THE KNOW..

:smilewink:

D

Deleted member 50714

SERIOUSLY ?

Not into fiddling either. It's an ether it will work or, it doesn't procedure. And as much as I appreciate people trying to help, I REALLY appreciate those IN THE KNOW..

No, really, I had to fiddle with mine a few times before it worked.

Last edited by a moderator:

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
Been two years / so Yes took some fiddle playing to get it into service: then it was a piece of cake.

Estimate I went at it 5X , the repeating long hold of the 30sec O button make my fiddle-finger hertz.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 50714

SERIOUSLY ?

Fiddle sticks. Did you ever figure it out? I did and didn't need the forum to spoon feed me.

Top Bottom