OEM Scan Tool Names/Application

Thanks goes to Sprintguy Carl. :thumbup::thumbup:

Can I get everyone on the this forum straight.. Mercedes Benz diagnostic aid ie scanner is called a SDS 2 different systems.
T1N = DAS (Diagnostic Assistants System) used from 2002-2013.

2014 to present MB system is SDS [Mercedes-Benz Star Diagnosis System] running Xentry program.

Now Chrysler used 2002-2006 DRBIII [Diagnostic Readout Box 3rd Gen] ... 2007-2009 Chrysler used the Starscan, Star mobile etc.

Just trying to get the terminology correct.

Make sure all powers are present at the controller both battery circuits and ignition circuit, also make sure the TCM is turning the relay on .. there should be more than 1 ground If I remember correctly.

Carl
vic

smiller

2008 View J (2007 NCV3 3500)
The nomenclature can get very confusing. For a 2007 (Dodge era) NCV3, what tools would be applicable? For instance:

T1N = DAS (Diagnostic Assistants System) used from 2002-2013.
is ambiguous. 2007-2013 models are not T1Ns. Will the DAS work for these vehicles? If not, what tool should be used for pre-2014 NCV3 models? And will the MB tools work on Dodge era models?

lindenengineering

The nomenclature can get very confusing. For a 2007 (Dodge era) NCV3, what tools would be applicable? For instance:

is ambiguous. 2007-2013 models are not T1Ns. Will the DAS work for these vehicles? If not, what tool should be used for pre-2014 NCV3 models? And will the MB tools work on Dodge era models?
MB scan tools will access some areas of the T1N but not all.
Trying an MB clone unit a few years ago I discovered it wouldn't access anything!
The real MB deal did go into some areas as mentioned..
In part it was a factor contributing to my decision to invest in Autologic.

Remember it was Dodge (Mopar) that set it up (operating system) for captive dealer support when these rigs first came into the NAS markets.
Simply put for MB access & scan programs only, you have to go to years 2010 onwards when they left the Mopar capture.

Snappy indicates that with their systems.

For T1N's and 906's to 2009 you use the Mopar domestic menu, except Tins use the Euro cable and euro cards with the domestic menu reflecting some MB programs are running.
Once you select a 2010 model onwards its all Euro cables and programs.
Confused ?
Well yes and you will be surprised just how many techs get caught out by trying to access a T1N with an MB scanner program. Usually ends up with bad language. :rolleyes:
Dennis

Top Bottom