Seat back adjustment gear replacement

Dudenow12

My passenger seat back adjustment gear is partially stripped so it doesn't stay upright well if there isn't someone sitting in it. It eventually slips and the seat back falls down on top of the seat, my dog was not amused when this happened to him while he was sitting in the passenger seat.

Is it possible to get this one part replaced? Or any ideas on how to maybe just fix it enough to stay up a little better? I was trying to search for it for awhile but could only find the plastic handle or am I going to just have to search for a whole passenger seat or maybe a seat that has been scavenged for some other parts already?

Attachments

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
You’re best off getting a replacement seat frame from a salvage yard. Your dog will thank you

Dudenow12

That seat would fold you into the steering wheel in a front end collision, fix asap
Thankfully this is the passenger seat so I don't need to do it quite as quick. And I don't think the spring is strong enough to crush a full sized person.

You’re best off getting a replacement seat frame from a salvage yard. Your dog will thank you
I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy a whole new seat... Maybe I can find one in rough condition and just take off the part. I do also have a cousin with a laser cutting CNC machine that could probably make the part for me, but that might be a lot of effort for something pretty small so that's a last resort.

Top Bottom