US Map of Costco Diesel Gas Stations

SeattleNewbie

2013 NCV3 2500 170" WB
I find Costco's diesel price to be the cheapest in the PNW based on what I see on GasBuddy. Costco also has a generous cash back on gas / diesel with its Citi credit card (4%) and its executive membership (2%) - so I try to fill up at Costco whenever possible.

I made this custom Google map based on the data on Costco's website:
https://www.costco.com/gasoline-diesel.html

Posting here in case others might find it useful:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RYYirhk0Sm1z2l2myZcTCbt1US2vJYfW&usp=sharing

If you click the star next to the map description you can have this transpose on your Google Maps. Might come in handy next time you're off on a road trip.

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
The 4% fuel rebate applies to all gas stations that accept Visa. But sadly the Executive 2% rebate does not apply to any gas stations including Costco. Just need more Costcos with diesel closer to me. The drive to and from the nearest diesel Costco wipes out any savings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2x1968muscle

Itasca Reyo 25R
The 4% fuel rebate applies to all gas stations that accept Visa. But sadly the Executive 2% rebate does not apply to any gas stations including Costco. Just need more Costcos with diesel closer to me. The drive to and from the nearest diesel Costco wipes out any savings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Correct, the 2% Executive rebate is based on $$ that goes thru the tills only
(merchandise through the front-end registers)

That being said the pump price is still cheaper than other stations for sure !!

SeattleNewbie

2013 NCV3 2500 170" WB
Thanks for pointing out the fact that the 2% Executive Costco Membership rebate does not apply to gas. Another gotcha about the Costco Citi Visa card is with gas stations at which you don't pay at the pump, but pay inside, those purchases get categorized as "service station" and don't receive the 4% "gas/fuel" rebate.

We recently drove from Seattle to Portland and then Boise. Although Costco's gas price is usually the cheapest in Seattle, the same was not true in Portland and throughout the rest of the trip. We used the Gas Buddy app to find the cheapest option in each area.

denisec

2005 Sprinter 2500 Hi-Top 158, 300K+mi
by 2020, it was the cheapest in portland too, but who knows these days? thanks very much for going to the trouble to do this. i'm in TN at the moment where diesel didn't skyrocket like it did in other southern states, but they don't have a costco here.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
1 station listed in NV and it is 400 miles away. Thank you very much.
I used Costco diesel in Bakersfield, CA when I drive to SF, but only becouse of $1.50 hotdogs that come with it.
Gas station always has long waiting lines, so the few cents/gal saving is not worth it otherwise.
Filled up couple of times in Bellingham, WA , but with all those Canadians there, it was real ZOO.

WinnieView1

The nearest store to us sells diesel and we filled up this morning for $2.57/gallon. The only other store in our state that sells it is down the road from one of our favorite destinations.

chipsterguy

I used Costco diesel in Bakersfield, CA when I drive to SF, but only becouse of $1.50 hotdogs that come with it.
Gas station always has long waiting lines, so the few cents/gal saving is not worth it otherwise.
Filled up couple of times in Bellingham, WA , but with all those Canadians there, it was real ZOO.
No Canadians these days in Bellingham... boarder has been closed for over a year... who knows when it will open again.

OurMovingLife

Wish I could update this map! There are at least 2 new locations- Idaho Falls, Idaho and Bismarck, ND! Glad I double checked on the Costco site first, these were both on our route :)

2x1968muscle

Itasca Reyo 25R
No Canadians in Bellingham since March 2020 !
Maybe you have read something about why in the news.....its called a pandemic. Oh, and another thing, the border is closed.

Best thing about Costco stations is that they are usually clean. The attendant makes sure everything is as expected at the pumps. Well worth a few minutes wait if busy.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
I use gas buddy too, it’s definitely worth having imnsho.
I’ve filled up at a couple Costco's in Utah a few times, the one in St George is close to the 15 and the lines are not usually very long at all, same in Sandy and So Jordan. It’s a bummer so few Costco’s have diesel and I am amazed at how many people line up 10 deep or more and burn an hour or more to save a whole dollar or 2.
I’ve seen the gas line at Costco in Carlsbad 15 deep before (no diesel there).
Sheep ????.
Re the post above, Few minutes wait? Most people take 6-10 minutes, thankfully Costco doesn't provide window washing stuff or it'd be 20 min per.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
But Costco stations provide no windshield sponges and no paper towels, so there is drawback to everything.
I wonder if SeattleNewbie could overlap Safeway stations on the map?
They not only have good prices, but if you shop at Safeway/Albertson you can use the points for even greater discount.
And they do have sponges.
As for why people wait in long lanes at Costco, there is a group of husbands who drive the wife to shop at Costco and instead of holding the cart for her, they prefer to listen to the music in the car.
The cheap fuel is just helping excuse. :dance:

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
But Costco stations provide no windshield sponges and no paper towels, so there is drawback to everything.
I wonder if SeattleNewbie could overlap Safeway stations on the map?
They not only have good prices, but if you shop at Safeway/Albertson you can use the points for even greater discount.
And they do have sponges.
As for why people wait in long lanes at Costco, there is a group of husbands who drive the wife to shop at Costco and instead of holding the cart for her, they prefer to listen to the music in the car.
The cheap fuel is just helping excuse. :dance:
I see plenty of cars waiting in line with both husband and wife (and sometimes kids), and usually all occupants are busy getting some quality time with their phone. I know a millennial couple that do this. What a waste of time.

OurMovingLife

After learning that there were a couple new stations not on this map, I reached out to Costco - KirklandSignatureFuel@costco.com and received an awesome reply! Here's what they said:

Hello!

Thank you for your email. I like the map. :) We have a total of 78 U.S. Costco locations that offer diesel. Bismarck, Idaho Falls and our Commerce, CA Business Center have been added since 2019. It looks like the map has 77 locations and is missing Commerce Business Center located at: 6333 Telegraph Road, Commerce, CA 90040 - they are closed on Sundays.

However, we have removed diesel from two locations since 2019, so the following should be removed from the map:
  • Norwalk located at: 12324 Hoxie Ave, Norwalk, CA 90650
  • San Jose (Great Oaks) located at: 6898 Raleigh Road, San Jose, CA 95119
So, with the above addition, this puts the map at a count of 78 - 2 = 76. We removed diesel from 2 Georgia locations in 2019, but they aren't listed on the map. So, I've attached a current list of our diesel locations, sorted by state, as I'm not sure how to best determine what two sites aren't showing up. I hope this helps?

Also, please note that the Costco mobile app can be used to filter by diesel and pull locations up on a map, see their hours of operation and the price of gas or diesel. The filter option can be found either through the warehouse locator or the gas prices option (select filter, then select diesel).

Best wishes for adventurous travels.

Sincerely,

Mandi Jackson

I find Costco's diesel price to be the cheapest in the PNW based on what I see on GasBuddy. Costco also has a generous cash back on gas / diesel with its Citi credit card (4%) and its executive membership (2%) - so I try to fill up at Costco whenever possible.

If you click the star next to the map description you can have this transpose on your Google Maps. Might come in handy next time you're off on a road trip.

damiandagger

Here is a PDF of the text version. Using either the map version or the text version with the Costco app should help a lot. I printed this out and put it in the open compartment above the driver seat.

damiandagger

After learning that there were a couple new stations not on this map, I reached out to Costco - KirklandSignatureFuel@costco.com and received an awesome reply! Here's what they said:

Hello!

Thank you for your email. I like the map. :) We have a total of 78 U.S. Costco locations that offer diesel. Bismarck, Idaho Falls and our Commerce, CA Business Center have been added since 2019. It looks like the map has 77 locations and is missing Commerce Business Center located at: 6333 Telegraph Road, Commerce, CA 90040 - they are closed on Sundays.

However, we have removed diesel from two locations since 2019, so the following should be removed from the map:
  • Norwalk located at: 12324 Hoxie Ave, Norwalk, CA 90650
  • San Jose (Great Oaks) located at: 6898 Raleigh Road, San Jose, CA 95119
So, with the above addition, this puts the map at a count of 78 - 2 = 76. We removed diesel from 2 Georgia locations in 2019, but they aren't listed on the map. So, I've attached a current list of our diesel locations, sorted by state, as I'm not sure how to best determine what two sites aren't showing up. I hope this helps?

Also, please note that the Costco mobile app can be used to filter by diesel and pull locations up on a map, see their hours of operation and the price of gas or diesel. The filter option can be found either through the warehouse locator or the gas prices option (select filter, then select diesel).

Best wishes for adventurous travels.

Sincerely,

Mandi Jackson
Didn't know that you can filter by diesel on the app. I will have to check it out.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
I just downloaded Costco app and when I can't filter stations by diesel, I can open info about location, what will show me available fuels and prices. I can only wonder how well the prices are updated, but looks like pretty helpful app when you like Costco.

atjj88

Thanks for sharing the custom google map. That's exactly what I was looking for or needed to create.
One update needed is that the Concord, CA location no longer carries diesel.
2400 Monument Blvd, Concord, CA 94520

Top Bottom