T1N: 1994-2006 2006 140 Sprinter converted crew cab - San Diego - 148K miles

H2Disco

I'm looking to sell or trade my 2006 Mercedes sprinter van. The TN1 with the 140 wheel base is the perfect size for a daily driver and adventure van. It has very low miles for its inline five 2.7 L turbo Diesel engine. Only 148,000 miles. There are many of these vans out there for sale that have well over 250K and 300K on them. I have put in the work on starting this conversion. I completely cleaned it out when i got it including removing the floor boards. The following list is what I have done. It's pretty much ready to have all the cabinets and bed system installed for a very easy van life or adventure van conversion.

• Entire van has been sound proofed (companies like Outside Van charge like $6000-$8000 to do this).
• Entire van has been insulated using 2" rigid insulation foam.
• All new glow plugs at 108K miles. All work done by Escondido German Auto. ($900+)
• A/C completely rebuilt. All work done by Escondido German Auto ($3000+)
• Custom Motion T-Slider windows installed on driver and passenger sides. Both installed by Johnson Custom Van Solutions ($358 plus install each).
• Fan-Tastic Vent Fan installed in roof ($179 plus install)
• Custom bulkhead shelf upholstered to match custom back door panels and seat covers.
• Topper roof rack ($700)
• Aluminess side mount ladder ($725)
• Custom upgraded suspension all done by Agile Off Road. Fox Racing rear shocks and Bilstein HD front struts. ($1000+)
• Toyo Open Country A/T tires with only 8000 miles on them. ($1500+)
• Trailer hitch receiver installed by Uhaul ($400)

I love this van. It gets over 20mpg and I've gotten as high as 28mpg. It's been with me all over CA and down in Baja. I have been slowly converting it and have a removable bed system that if you're interested you can have it too. Only reason I'm selling it is because i want to get a passenger van and converse it so it's easier for me to carry customers for my surf shop trips and lessons.

Please email with any questions. I'm not in a hurry to sell it so please no lowball offers. These are really hard to find with low miles and no rust and this is the last year they made this motor. All the newer ones have the potential of dealing with fuel issues if you're wanting to make trips down into Mexico.

$25,500

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/6812228489.html

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Key words
TN1, TN-1, TN 1, Dodge Sprinter Van, Mercedes Sprinter Van, Van Life, #vanlife, ford econoline, pro master, promaster, transit van, surf van, camper van, conversion van, converted van

H2Disco

If you want a new fresh paint job simply add $2000 and 10 days for me to get it done. I have a place in TJ I have been planning on taking it to at some point. I kind of like the faded paint on it since it blends in and doesn't look as nice as it is when I'm on road trips in Baja.

H2Disco

I like the paint job! Haha nice looking rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It fits right in down in Baja. I've been thinking of getting it painted but am starting a guided surf camp thing and need a passenger van. I'm going to pick up my buddy's TN1 passenger version.

In all of your interior pictures you can still see bare metal on the inside of the Sprinter, you wrote in your post that it is entirely insulated. Could you explain that to me? (I.E. Driver's side middle rear window area)

H2Disco

In all of your interior pictures you can still see bare metal on the inside of the Sprinter, you wrote in your post that it is entirely insulated. Could you explain that to me? (I.E. Driver's side middle rear window area)
behind all the wood panels, entire roof and floor have been sound proofed and insulated. I left the 6" section in the "corners" between the side walls and the ceiling without insulation in case I or someone wanted to run power back. I was trying to decide on what to use to panel that section then was going to finish the insulation. Around the windows I haven't installed the wood panel yet. The insulation is behind the metal you're looking at. Come see the van if you want to check it out closer. You can only photograph so much. The pictures are just to give people an idea. Sprinters are all a must see to get the whole story of what's going on. They are all work in progresses. I'm only selling it to get a passenger version for work.

H2Disco

Dropping the price to $23,999. Message me for more details on the van. I’m getting a passenger TN1 but need to sell this one first.

H2Disco

I’ve decided to keep the back seat and side mount ladder and am dropping the price to $22K.

Top Bottom