Recommendation: Telluride Bluegrass Festival - 2020 - Camping/Parking Spot

paintrain

Good Peeps -

Our rig should be built out by time that a few key bluegrass festivals here in CO take place; Telluride Bluegrass Festival is on my bucket list.

Sadly, I'm sure it's far more commercialized than back in the day, but alas...

Anyone recommend where/how you might (or have) camped there in your Sprinter to enjoy it all?

Carry on my wayward son...

Onefin

Good Peeps -

Our rig should be built out by time that a few key bluegrass festivals here in CO take place; Telluride Bluegrass Festival is on my bucket list.

Sadly, I'm sure it's far more commercialized than back in the day, but alas...

Anyone recommend where/how you might (or have) camped there in your Sprinter to enjoy it all?

Carry on my wayward son...
If you want to camp in town park, you have to get a RV camping festival pass....they sell out early....like first hour of ticket sales being open. Even though there isn’t anything cool or van campersque about the festival RV camping, you can walk right in and out of the festival and walk right down Main Street....avoiding driving and the mess of traffic in town during bluegrass.

Town of Telluride (Mountain Village as well) isn’t down with people sleeping in their cars on town streets....especially during bluegrass. People do it, but Town residents have enormous levels of festival fatigue and they call people in for “stealth camping”. 3 years ago, I called the Marshalls on a girl that got out of her van, hopped my fence and crapped in my backyard on Oak Street. She sucked....#vanlifer idiot.

There is tons of legal dispersed camping within 10 miles of Telluride. I’m sure that the prime legal spots close by are taken during bluegrass....dunno, as I’ve left town during every Festival if at all possible.

Alta lakes is free, crowded and close by....I don’t recall if there was access all the way up to Alta lakes by bluegrass this past year or not. Sunshine campground is an established small campground close to town, but no reservations and it’ll be full quickly. Higher passes will be closed because of snow, lower on the passes has less decent spots to camp.

The festivals all offer tent camping where millions of tents are packed in on top of each other right across the park from the stage.....

Telluride is nice. It’s even nicer on a non-festival weekend. Super easy to find dispersed camping near town on one of the handful of summer weekends that Telluride doesn’t have some sort of festival.

Top Bottom