My Hydraulic Jack

If there are no signs of oil leaking, I would try to pump it up to its highest position, without supporting any vehicle, and push down on it to see if it holds.

I'm guessing since it's been lying on its side for so long, maybe it needs a few pumps to self-prime itself.

It's actually a very good jack. I don't think there's anything close on the market to replace it. I didn't check to see if there's a hydraulic filler hole. I know some of these bottle jacks just need to be topped off sometimes.
In general it seems like a good quality jack to me, except for leaking.

I popped the rubber plug out of my 2004 jack to top it off because there was oil all over the storage area. The jack worked fine even having leaked, it was just messy. Now it is stowed in a plastic bag. I think I positioned it so that the plug is up. :thinking: At least that was my plan, but the storage holder may not have allowed that. vic

TROLL

2007 Winnebago View 23H
My factory jack on my 06 is pissing fluid from the shaft when I use it to lift the vehicle -- quite a bit of fluid, and can't be trusted as my only means to lift the vehicle when I'm on the road.
Has anyone rebuilt / replaced the seal on one of these before, or is it better to get a used / new replacement? I would love to keep the the OEM form factor so it can stow under the passenger floor board, out of the way, if possible.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
A jack from ebay is ~$100.

For me, it would be worth it just to know how to remove the body from the base to get to the seals.

Otherwise, if you're in a hurry I would spend the $100 as it's a quality jack. I would not buy the harbor freight ones.

For me, it would be worth it just to know how to remove the body from the base to get to the seals.
Typically the base to housing has a fine thread with a seal. What I'm guessing are the earlier model Mercedes Sprinter jacks have a hex shape built into the top area. Newer model jacks have a dome shape with no hex. No hex will require at least a strap wrench or a special tool.

Acquiring the seals and parts may be a problem. The jack manufacturer is WEBER-HYDRAULIK. 2.6 tonne rating (??).

https://www.weber-hydraulik.com/en/products/hydraulic-bottle-jacks/

vic

Added:
Off Topic.

Not for discussion in this OEM jack thread, but a floor jack can be used.

T1NJackingFront01.jpg

T1NJackingFront02.jpg

T1NJackingRear.jpg
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81109

Last edited:

TROLL

2007 Winnebago View 23H
My jack says 4000 KG on it which I assume is the capacity -- is this the same one you're thinking of?
Part number ATDX 4-260 which looks to bring up the correct jack.

My jack says 4000 KG on it which I assume is the capacity -- is this the same one you're thinking of?
Part number ATDX 4-260 which looks to bring up the correct jack.
I don't have anything specific.

The info I included was gleaned from various links that I found on the internet. The paint and style of the Weber bottle jacks seems to match the Sprinter OEM jacks so I included that link.

Please keep us posted if you discover exact info and part numbers.

As an aside. I've considered using Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak in a seeping 1970's vintage
Hein-Werner 1 1/4 ton floor jack I own. I've been unable to disassemble the parts to repair. Before damaging the parts I figure the Lucas product is worth a shot. It shouldn't hurt anything and may help. Power Steering fluid is just light hydraulic oil.

:cheers: vic

Last edited:

tinman

I don't have anything specific.

As an aside. I've considered using Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak in a seeping 1970's vintage
Hein-Werner 1 1/4 ton floor jack I own. I've been unable to disassemble the parts to repair. Before damaging the parts I figure the Lucas product is worth a shot. It shouldn't hurt anything and may help. Power Steering fluid is just light hydraulic oil.

:cheers: vic
We used Granville Strut Seal as a treatment for aircraft oleo struts with similar symptoms. Worked pretty well, but the cost relative to that of a new jack might be a deterrent.:bash:

Top Bottom