Adding Electric Mirrors

Has anyone added electric mirrors to there van?
I have a 2018 4x4 without them and would like to have them.
My 2011 had them and I liked them a lot.
Just wondering if it is a huge deal to add them.
New switch console needed for windows and mirrors, new electric mirrors.
Not sure about the wiring, can bus involvement or not.
Any help or insight appreciated, thanks!

mataei

Aren't the wirings suppose to be there if other models for that year has it?

All you have to do is probably hook up the switch and install the new mirrors. And I'm saying this is because on my nissan the fog lights had been prewired but no foglights and your mirrors could be the same.

red_johnny

I don't think MB does bulk wiring. If I am not mistaken, they only wire the van for what it is ordered as. So if it didn't come with power mirrors it will likely not have the wiring for them.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The 2007-2017 NCV3 had a "door control module" inside the driver's door that handle cross-connections and other stuff, including the mirrors. The mirror switches (based upon the diagram) seemed to have active circuitry (instead of "just switches") inside them, too.
But it looks like it's only getting power and "ground" from the door module (in fact, a private fuse for the mirror motors)

For what it's worth, here's that section as extracted from the MB WIS system for a 2010:

2010DoorWiringMirrors.png

--dick

NBB

The mirror switches (based upon the diagram) seemed to have active circuitry (instead of "just switches") inside them, too.
Those are likely just mosfets pulling to ground, in series with another mosfet in the door control module which disables everything if the key isn't on. I would be surprised if it were not plug and play, though with MB anything is possible. Otherwise it looks rather simple.

Thing is the mirror has a lot of parts that are a pain in the butt to order due to discontinued and changed part numbers. I just did this. Ordering parts outside your VIN is also tricky, so you'd want to start by finding a VIN off ebay or such with the power mirrors. If someone were to figure all that out including the wiring harnesses, switches, etc, and actually get it assembled and working, the post would earn many thanks I'm sure.

Mine is a 2018 NCV3, so more than likely same control module as a 2007-2017.
If it already has the control module already I guess it could be plug and play.
Anyone open up a 2018 door and notice if it has the control module?

Thanks again

NBB

Per the wiring diagram - if you have turn signals, you have a door control module.

First thing I'd check before I were to invest the time would be to confirm 0 ohms on pin 17 with the ignition on. Further, I'd test to see that it could pull a little current -> with a 9V battery and small resistor (or similar) -> and that it went open with the key off. Then you'd know the mirrors will likely work.

However - that will be the easy part. I challenge you to get the parts you need in less than 20 cumulative hours of your time.

Top Bottom