Backseat headrest cover

Kiltym

Now that we are living full time in our Westy, I was trying to sort out a cover for the headrest portion of the backseat. We have a blanket to cover the back seats themselves, which works well, but nothing for the headrest.

Then I had this thought of a fitted baby crib sheet. So I bought a 2-pack at Walmart for $14, and low-and-behold it works great. The elastic holds it in place around the kitchen counter portion, and the rest can be tucked underneath between the headrest and the black metal frame for the seat.

Could use an ironing :), but should provide some protection to the fabric while cooking and using the end as a handhold as we do when moving around the van.

Photos attached.

Attachments

CaptnALinTiverton

xT1N Westfalia
We had covers custom made and the headrest came out great without any cord in the slot added for future use of shock cord so we never added one. Where are you now? If our paths crossed you could examine ours and possibly make a pattern.

AL
Tiverton, RI

Kiltym

Thanks Al. In Vancouver Island right now. The crib sheet is doing its job! Should suffice for a while.

CaptnALinTiverton

xT1N Westfalia
Out seat cover material is a special leak proof fine fabric made for pets. A lady in Langley, WA made the rear seat one but I don't think she made/kept a pattern. Our fronts were made here in RI like above. All together it's expensive but they will preserve original forever.

Other Westy owners might be interested if one was expert in making pattern and duplicating.

AL
Tiverton, RI

Top Bottom