OEM Battery Size

hayduke

2005/2006 leisure travel
Hi Gulf
"f you're going to put in a house battery, you should be more concerned about getting under the passenger seat. Lots more room for a battery. "

It came with one under the drivers seat which is dying.

Hi Glass,
"A starting battery isn't designed for use as an auxiliary battery to power lights, etc., unless you plan to never deep cycle it. Look for a true deep cycle battery, although they're probably not easy to find in a Group 49 size. A group 49 Deka AGM may be a reasonable choice."

I know you are correct,but it came from the factory with a starting battery.
VW does the same thing. But it lasted 7 years with many,many plunges to full discharge.When I went to replace it,the battery guy told me to stick with the same.....it was cheaper than a deep cycle,and had a much longer warranty

kendall69

I wish I could find that DEKA
Deka makes batteries for major parts stores. I bought the DEKA version from I think car quest. CAll DEKA they will give you a pert number then call the auto parts store. If they don't have it they can get it ext day.

autocamp

un-Airstream'ed & un-Dodged NAFTA JC
A pleasant surprise for me. Costco now carries two AGM batteries, and one is the Group 49. It is cheaper than any others that I looked at online. Do note that they also sell the flooded type in the same groups so make sure you grab the right one.

IMG_2051.jpg

sprinter_wy

A pleasant surprise for me. Costco now carries two AGM batteries, and one is the Group 49. It is cheaper than any others that I looked at online. Do note that they also sell the flooded type in the same groups so make sure you grab the right one.

View attachment 127309
Advanced Auto Parts seems to have the identical battery as the Costco. It is their Autocraft Platinum AGM model. $200 list. But they usually have online discount coupons. I paid $160 yesterday.

PhilipE

The under seat house battery from NAPA is part number 9849. This is a low profile group 31. 95 amp hour rating. 850 CCA

FalcoQc

Is the Auxiliary battery under the passenger seat for a different use. I think I Have an Original Battery from the Czech Republic. It's written battery for semi-Traction not suitable for Jump Start.

If I replace it by a group 49 battery as the one in the engine is it ok ?

Attachments

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Is the Auxiliary battery under the passenger seat for a different use. I think I Have an Original Battery from the Czech Republic. It's written battery for semi-Traction not suitable for Jump Start.

If I replace it by a group 49 battery as the one in the engine is it ok ?
What year is your Sprinter?

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
The OEM Aux battery was the same as the start battery. Group 49.
Your picture looks to be a 49.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
His picture shows a Varta ... which was MB's "OEM" battery delivered in the Sprinters of that era
(i had one).
The Auxiliary battery was of the same size and "chemistry" as the starter battery.
If you ordered an AGM battery for either purpose, the other battery was also changed up to an AGM.

That Varta was easily the best battery i've ever owned (aside from my Sear Platinum Die Hard AGM "house" battery.)

--dick

Top Bottom