RV towing a sprinter

swamphox

On the home page header is pic of an RV dragging a sprinter. I have a friend who used to do this. She recently moved and no longer has the RV as far as I know. I just wonder if anyone here took the pic or knows where it came from. Trying to attch it. 6.jpg

Rock Doc

Wow - pulling nearly 4 tons? Didn't realize that RVs had that much umpf.
Depends a lot on the specific RV chassis. The new Newmar New Aire 33’ diesel pusher motorhome (pretty recently describe on this forum, as a couple of forum members recently moved from Sprinter motorhomes to the New Aire) is rated with a 10,000 lb towing capacity with GVWR 38,600 and GCWR 48,600. Pretty impressive for the 6.7L Cummins ISB 800 lb-ft torque.

(I compare this with the Cummins C 8.3L engine I had in a 1994 38’ Newmar Mountain Aire that was rated at 250 hp and 660 lb-ft; HUGE change with electronic engine controls!!)

Rock Doc
2014 Pleasureway Plateau TS in 2013 Sprinter 3500

Boogie24

Recently purchased a 2017 144” high roof that will be towed behind a 40’ Alfa see ya .... Will be driving sprinter down to Yuma AZ to meet up with Southwest driveline to have them install the quick disconnect .... then I will rally up to Vancouver WA to have the Roadmaster team use the rig as a template to update baseplate for newer models .... I have towed a 4x4 Toyota Tundra with shell and am now towinga 4x4 Tacoma with shell now... the 2017 sprinter is 2wd.... wanted a 4x4 but with a 2 piece drive shaft , it is already difficult enough to have quick disconnect installed then to also add 4x4 issues... keeping the Tacoma so will still have a 4x4 and can tow it if needed ...

Boogie24 thanks for the info on Towing the Sprinter. I am planning on towing a Winnebago Revel 4x4(sprinter camper class B) behind a Class A for a six month shake down cruise out west before leaving in the Revel for C.A./S.A then shipping to Africa etc etc. Do you know of anyone in Florida that can be trusted to do the Driveline Disconnect on the 4x4 Sprinter? I spoke with Drive King in Dallas they seemed very professional it's a heck of a drive from South Fla to get the work done.

Thanks
David

Top Bottom