Sprinter vs. Transit

I went... I read... I didn't see... so, if you can be so kind, as opposed to your slanted/offensive stab at me, please assist by supplying a proper link, or screenshot....
Not that it's any of my business...

I didn't think it was particularly harsh. He might have forgotten to give you the patented pair.

:dripsarcasm::dripsarcasm:

Then again, I would never suggest that anyone on this forum was ever sarcastic or tend to giving shots.

Oh... I forgot these.

I only hope to live long enough that there are both Sprinters and the "new" (old by then) Transits for my used vehicle perusal and selection. Until then I'm a Sprinter guy true blue because I can't afford the new.

:rolleyes: Sorry for the attempted poetry.

vic

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Not that it's any of my business...

I didn't think it was particularly harsh. He might have forgotten to give you the patented pair.

Then again, I would never suggest that anyone on this forum was ever sarcastic or tend to giving shots.

Oh... I forgot these.

I only hope to live long enough that there are both Sprinters and the "new" (old by then) Transits for my used vehicle perusal and selection. Until then I'm a Sprinter guy true blue because I can't afford the new.

:rolleyes: Sorry for the attempted poetry.

vic
... I'm a very sensitive guy....

.:dripsarcasm::dripsarcasm:

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
I should have offered to buy you a slice of pie! I googled "2014 ford transit duel wheels" and found an "2014 ford transit preview" dated 12-20-12 at JDPower.com. It mentions the duel rear wheels. The Ford site lists the max. GVWR at 10,360 lbs. Power site also mentioned interior width at 69.8" or slightly narrower than a Sprinter. Not good for me. Wanted slightly wider.

Analartist

I will look to find where I read about the duelly.
The full brochure on the Ford Transit Cab and Chassis, which I downloaded as PDF onto my iPad yesterday, clearly shows duellies on the medium and long wheel-based versions. Now if I could just remember where I got it from, then I could give you a link :thinking:
I can only tell you it's a lovely 19 page brochure, quite informative, and released by Ford UK.
Any help?

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
The full brochure on the Ford Transit Cab and Chassis, which I downloaded as PDF onto my iPad yesterday, clearly shows duellies on the medium and long wheel-based versions. Now if I could just remember where I got it from, then I could give you a link :thinking:
I can only tell you it's a lovely 19 page brochure, quite informative, and released by Ford UK.
Any help?
Nope... UK or EU models have no relationship to NA version.

Boater

I have been wondering about that - so really the new transit is a new econoline with a transit badge on then? How much are Ford UK charging to use the Transit trademark? :cheers:

PhotoSprinter

2006 Sprinter Wagon 140
Why does everyone compare these two trucks? I get 31 mpg in my 2006 diesel 2500 140wb Sprinter.
The Transit also gets 30 mpg but only holds half as much. Plus the longevity of the MB Diesel???

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
The Transit is a full sized van, not made or sold in the US yet. The think Ford sells as a Transit in the US is a Turkish station wagon.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The Transit also gets 30 mpg but only holds half as much
Exapnding on ECU's answer: the "little thing" is a "Ford Transit Connect" ... the "Connect" identifies it as the tiny minivan.

The thing this thread is about is the Sprinter-sized "Ford Transit" (2500 and 3500), seen throughout the rest of the world
http://www.ford.com/commercial-trucks/transit/2014/

It will be marketed as the "T-series" (similar to the "F-series", etc)

--dick

surlyoldbill

To avoid future confusion (which won't happen), Call the Transit Connect simply the "Connect" and the original, full-size Transit the "Transit". Ford messed up by releasing the Connect as the "Transit Connect" in the USA. There are no similarities except for badging between the Connect and the Transit. You could not scavenge ANY parts from one to use on the other. The Euro configured Transit is rated at 30mpg, but that may be in funny-gallons, not good American gallons. :laughing: (yes, the Transit, not the Connect, which in Euro version with small diesel motor gets 45mpg)

A friend bought a Connect a year ago, and gets about 22 mpg in the real world. She just got back from driving across the country. She likes it, and recommends it to someone looking for a small van/truck/suv/car. There is only 6' of space between the front seat and the rear door, making it difficult to use for camping for a lot of people. I did a little work installing a rack on top and some panels inside, and I was surprised to find that the bolts are SAE threaded. :thinking:

Last edited:

Boater

Ford messed up by releasing the Connect as the "Transit Connect" in the USA. There are no similarities except for badging between the Connect and the Transit. You could not scavenge ANY parts from one to use on the other.
Yeah, but in the UK using the Transit name in Transit Connect allowed them cash in because here it is immediately associated with 60 years of mostly good vans....
I doubt there are many interchangeable parts, there must be some though - tail light bulbs maybe :lol:

The Euro configured Transit is rated at 30mpg,
So is our Sprinter!

but that may be in funny-gallons, not good American gallons. :laughing: (yes, the Transit, not the Connect, which in Euro version with small diesel motor gets 45mpg)
Proper gallons of course, none of your US half measures! :cheers: :drink:

As always take the manufacturers mpg claims with a pinch of salt, some folks will manage it but most people either don't drive in matching traffic patterns, or don't drive efficiently enough to get the quoted return.

I have no real idea why we still refer to mpg here when our fuel is sold in litres.....

Top Bottom