What Hwy Mileage does your 4X4 get?

What Hwy Mileage does your 4X4 get in US MPGs?

• 10, 11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12, 13

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 14, 15

Votes: 20 15.3%
  • 16, 17

Votes: 67 51.1%
  • 18, 19

Votes: 30 22.9%
  • 20 +

Votes: 10 7.6%

• Total voters

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
I got back from a run to California and back early this week, about 3000 miles in total. I got better than 17 for every tankful with the exception of the run up the mountain from Kingman AZ to Flagstaff, where I got 15.8. I kept the cruise set to 70 consistently.

I got back from a run to California and back early this week, about 3000 miles in total. I got better than 17 for every tankful with the exception of the run up the mountain from Kingman AZ to Flagstaff, where I got 15.8. I kept the cruise set to 70 consistently.

That’s about what I get too set to 68-70.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlennR

2016 4x4 170
Tall extended 2016 usually around 17.8 (according to dash readout) running 75-80 mph. Sometimes it is in the 18's. Returning from the mountains it's over 20 mpg.

VanGoSki

Flagster

I believe the government tends to hide these types of things. Google water powered engines and what happened to the designer.

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
I believe the government tends to hide these types of things. Google water powered engines and what happened to the designer.
Engines run according to physics, not conspiracy theories.
The spinning gizmo does not check out physics wise.
But it is a conspiracy to separate you from your money.

Nate.evans

Took a couple cross country trips lately. Highway or city, didn't matter, gas light would come on at around the 420-440 mile mark depending on terrain with cruising at ~80mph/3k rpm. The most I've driven after the light came on was 88 miles....somebody mentioned there's roughly a range of ~150 miles after the light comes on?

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
Took a couple cross country trips lately. Highway or city, didn't matter, gas light would come on at around the 420-440 mile mark depending on terrain with cruising at ~80mph/3k rpm. The most I've driven after the light came on was 88 miles....somebody mentioned there's roughly a range of ~150 miles after the light comes on?
My light comes on with roughly 6 1/2 gallons left. That might get you 150 miles......I count on maybe 75. But I have never gone more than about 380 miles on a tank. Light generally comes on around 300 miles.

JFloFoto

16.4 mpg over 3k miles from CO to SoCal and back. Low roof 144 with penthouse top, roof rack, and Yakima box. Loaded weight 8500 lbs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Stewbie

Stewbie
No off road. Highway only in a 2018 high roof
CT to Lake Tahoe, to LA, and then back to Connecticut.
19.9 MPG on cruise control at 65 MPH.
BUT... We were nearly empty except a two air mattresses and a cooler.

Tom Tint

My 2020 144 low roof 4x4 is getting 18 - 19.5 on highway trips under 75 mph. I probably have 3-400 pounds of cargo

Farfrumwork

Saw a high of 21mpg this summer. Fueled up in Crested Butte, drove back to Boulder, then a week later up to the top of the Poudre Canyon and back to Fort Collins all on one tank (pushing 400mi). Benefitting the economy was Kebler Pass (30mph) and the Poudre Canyon (<55mph), but we did run I-70 from Glenwood Springs to Denver (75mph for ~150mi) over two passes... Pretty much fully loaded for us (4 people, bikes, etc...), but I estimate we are still<7500lbs.

The motor does seem more 'loose' now with more power on tap and better fuel economy. Coming up on 20kmi.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Saw a high of 21mpg this summer. Fueled up in Crested Butte, drove back to Boulder, then a week later up to the top of the Poudre Canyon and back to Fort Collins all on one tank (pushing 400mi). Benefitting the economy was Kebler Pass (30mph) and the Poudre Canyon (<55mph), but we did run I-70 from Glenwood Springs to Denver (75mph for ~150mi) over two passes... Pretty much fully loaded for us (4 people, bikes, etc...), but I estimate we are still<7500lbs.

The motor does seem more 'loose' now with more power on tap and better fuel economy. Coming up on 20kmi.
You’re getting that mileage in a 4x4? (!!)

Top Bottom