Auction watch

jaahn

Auction watch 516 dual cab/chassis 4WD

Newcastle area. :rolleyes:
https://www.slatteryauctions.com.au...ck-machinery-cars-general/mercedes-sprint-516
2011 MERCEDES SPRINT 516 DUAL CAB CHASIS 4WD :thumbup:ENGINE: 4 CYLINDER TURBO 6 SPEED MANUAL VIN:WDB9062552N46392 ENGINE NO: 65195533890193 COLOUR: WHITE ODOMETER: 46077 COMPLIANCE DATE: 01/01/2011 TYRES: 225/75R16 RIMS: 6 STUD TYRE CONDITION: 70% ADDITIONAL EXTRAS: RADIO/ STEREO. BULL BAR. DRIVING LIGHTS. BLUE SLIP. DAMAGE: VEHICLE SUBJECT TO FUTURE AIRBAG RE-CALL. GVM: 4500 GCM: 6500 TARE:

jaahn

Re: Auction watch Newcastle area camper van.

Hi,
Good looking Sprinter fully fitted camper van at Hexam auctions. No stripping and hole filling etc on some old flogged out ambo, here just buy and drive, perhaps. Low Kms.:rolleyes: Max length and height, with windows all round.
https://www.slatteryauctions.com.au/product/4101/934613/mercedes-benz-campervan

2010 MERCEDEZ BENZ SPRINTER 316 CDI CAMPER VAN 4 CYL TURBO MERCEDES 2043CC .AUTOMATIC.
VIN: WDB9066352S456250 ENGINE: 65195533782438 REGO: CEZ 64S COLOUR: WHITE FUEL TYPE: DIESEL ODOMETER: 27276 COMPLIANCE DATE: 01/05/2010 GVM: 3550 LOGBOOK: NO.
TYRES: 235/65R16 TYRE CONDITION: 50% EXTRAS: TOILET. SHOWER. SINK. A/C. STOVE. FRIDGE. MICROWAVE. TV. SOLAR PANEL. INTERIOR AND DRIVELINE FROM A 2017 MODEL VAN FITTED. COMPLIANCE INFORMATION AVAILABLE. SOLD IN AS IS CONDITION.
Happy bidding:thumbup:

Last edited:

BritzSprinter

Ex Britz 313CDI Motorhome
Interesting, those pics are of a later than 2010 Sprinter.
It looks identical to my 2014 ex Britz 3 berth Sprinter.
Pretty sure they don't match the vehicle.

Sockeye770

Interesting, those pics are of a later than 2010 Sprinter.
It looks identical to my 2014 ex Britz 3 berth Sprinter.
Pretty sure they don't match the vehicle.
"INTERIOR AND DRIVELINE FROM A 2017 MODEL VAN FITTED. COMPLIANCE INFORMATION AVAILABLE"

2 damaged vans put together?

jaahn

Putting the VIN into DataMB reveals it's a 2010, with a different engine number.
I'd say a written off post 2013 van with a 2010 VIN...
Britz didn't use that 3 seater fitout until 2014 too.

https://www.datamb.com/vin/a8NMV2oRkWDEQln9y
Hi :rolleyes:
Should I point out that the description clearly says "2010 MERCEDEZ BENZ SPRINTER 316 CDI CAMPER VAN" and later; " INTERIOR AND DRIVELINE FROM A 2017 MODEL VAN FITTED. COMPLIANCE INFORMATION AVAILABLE"
Ask them if you want to know anything, is my suggestion. If you suspect that it is offered as an illegal vehicle then you should report it, or resist making a suggestion of it being something "suss". But that is your opinion !
No skin off my nose either way as I am just a messenger for interested people to look at this. I might have been interested but the price has gone up more than I care to pay. :thinking: Currently $32500
Jaahn

Last edited:

Sockeye770

Should I point out that the description clearly says "2010 MERCEDEZ BENZ SPRINTER 316 CDI CAMPER VAN" and later; " INTERIOR AND DRIVELINE FROM A 2017 MODEL VAN FITTED. COMPLIANCE INFORMATION AVAILABLE"
Ask them if you want to know anything, is my suggestion. If you suspect that it is offered as an illegal vehicle then you should report it, or not make silly suggestion of it being something "suss".
Not any skin off my nose either way as I am just a messenger for interested people to look at this. I might have been interested but the price has gone up more than I care to pay. :thinking: Currently $32500
Jaahn
I agree

The vehicle, located in NSW, appears to be unregistered, and with the last line, SOLD IN AS IS CONDITION. So if you buy it and can't get it registered, then that would most likely be your problem, not the sellers.

Like most auction vehicles, inspection is a must, before bidding.

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
It also says "COMPLIANCE INFORMATION AVAILABLE" rather than simply saying complianced. So my guess is someone built this up out of 2 vans and couldn't get it complianced.

BritzSprinter

Ask them if you want to know anything, is my suggestion. If you suspect that it is offered as an illegal vehicle then you should report it, or resist making a suggestion of it being something "suss". But that is your opinion !
No skin off my nose either way as I am just a messenger for interested people to look at this. I might have been interested but the price has gone up more than I care to pay. :thinking: Currently $32500
Jaahn
Hi Jaan, not having a go at you, just commenting there is something suss about this van.
It is clearly 100% a newer van, nobody would go to the trouble of updating and swapping the full interior, dash/steering wheel, front sheetmetal and running gear.
The MB Data build sheet for this VIN also doesn't show side windows amongst other things.
The van is clearly a late model ex Britz/Maui camper (identical to mine) that has had an earlier VIN attached. Comparing my build sheet to this van's build sheet they are completely different. Brits always spec their vans identical.
You are best off staying well away from this vehicle at any price, it may be a headache to register.

jaahn

Hi :)
Well I am intrigued now. If I get a chance I will go and look at it. Of course the VIN is stamped into the chassie so that is not changeable without some obvious work !! Is it under the screen also ?
The auction business is well known and reputable and I have dealt with them for some minor items, They always state 'SOLD IN AS IS CONDITION' for any item, as shown in their terms and conditions which we all read first, don't we :)
I am surprised the plates are there if it is not registered as they usually do not leave them on if the rego is not current or cannot be transferred to a new owner.
Jaahn.

BritzSprinter

Hi :)
Well I am intrigued now. If I get a chance I will go and look at it. Of course the VIN is stamped into the chassie so that is not changeable without some obvious work !! Is it under the screen also ?
The auction business is well known and reputable and I have dealt with them for some minor items, They always state 'SOLD IN AS IS CONDITION' for any item, as shown in their terms and conditions which we all read first, don't we :)
I am surprised the plates are there if it is not registered as they usually do not leave them on if the rego is not current or cannot be transferred to a new owner.
Jaahn.
Under the screen riveted to the frame and riveted to the pillar on the drivers side.
Being a Britz camper it should also have a secondary manufacturers plate also.
I've typed in the rego to NSW equivalent of Vic Roads and it doesn't come up. There isn't an option of typing in the VIN.

Top Bottom