Rear brake pad replacement

Perce

My 2005 T1N 4x4 needs new rear pads and maybe rotors is there anything out of the ordinary I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance and all the best for 2019 - Perce

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Nope, standard disc units with a hat-in-drum E-brake. Sometimes a very worn parking/E brake can hang up the shoes in the drum (part of the disk). Not very common. Check the caliper bushings for play, and replace if needed.

jaahn

My 2005 T1N 4x4 needs new rear pads and maybe rotors is there anything out of the ordinary I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance and all the best for 2019 - Perce
Hi Perce :rolleyes:
Been a while since I did mine and nothing difficult. But I believe there are a couple of types/brands, certainly for the fronts, so check which type is there before you order the parts.
The hand brake is adjusted seperately as said, because it is an internal drum brake. The rotors seem to last OK depending on the Ks I guess.:hmmm:
Jaahn

ENMeyer

We just did this and for a few minutes, I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the rear discs off, then I remembered that I had the emergency brake on, and that kept the rotors from being removed.

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
There are 2 different types of caliper/pad (Bosch or ATE) and 2 different rotors (stepped bolt or tapered). They are incompatible with each other and you could have any of the 4 potential combinations depending on your VIN.

Top Bottom