Shower Walls

kayakkingoz

Yes it is tough enough. Can be dented if hit with something. But when glued to a frame or backing ,very sturdy. Im currently using it to line the inside of an absbestos laundry in my brother's house. Will be using it for splashback in kitchen too.

Rory

I took an easier road and bought an off the shelf fibreglass fully moulded shower.

I had to cut the hole for the door and cut the two back corners and bent the back wall to meet the curve on the side of the van. I bought the shower (HCC-SH21) from Hi-Class Composites in Bayswater. I had the door frame made in kit form from a shower screen company, they won't install acrylic in the doors so I bought a sheet of smoked acrylic and put it all together myself. It looks classy if I say so myself. I also used a flick mixer instead of Hot and cold taps to save water.

Attachments

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
Hi-Class Composites in Bayswater.
Yes thats where I bought my factory second cubicle from too.

Do you have a contact for where you got the door kit made up? I'm just using a curtain on mine but would like a door, but the opening is very small so I need to custom make one.

Rory

I can't find the receipt for the screen but pretty sure it was Precision Shower screens at Factory 2/57-59 Canterbury Rd, Montrose. I took the dimensions of the shower door aperture and they cut a kit for me. I then bought some smoked acrylic from a place off Barry rd in Bayswater to install in the door. If you want more detail or to look at the van message me.

Mickyfin

I'm looking into possibly custom making my entire wet room / shower / Toilet room completely out of one piece of fibreglass, so silicon anywhere. Still in the process of research and watching countless video tutorials on the process.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
If going that route, I would start with fiberglass RV skins (with gelcoat on one side). Then frame them up with some support/wood/metal. And use fiberglasss cloth and resin to bond the corners. Touch up with a bit of gelcoat where needed.

Mickyfin

Noted, thanks, will certainly do that, still researching, and seems the only way for what I have in mind for my custom wet room combo.

Rory

Any shower screen company should be able to make up a kit for you if you give them the size of the opening.

Top Bottom